British Airways will soon serve roast dinners in Club World and First
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
British Airways is bringing back a great British tradition for its premium passengers: the roast dinner.
Served in First and Club World, passengers can tuck into a 21-day aged British beef, served with roast potatoes, Yorkshire pudding, seasonal vegetables, horseradish cream and gravy. Passengers flying to and from India will be offered British roast chicken served with roast potatoes, seasonal vegetables, bread sauce and gravy.
In September, travelers will be treated to a special elderflower and white chocolate dessert with compressed apple and elderflower sorbet.
The airline has launched these new menu items as part of a new Best of British menu to welcome back passengers who haven’t flown with the airline since the onset of the coronavirus pandemic. Each month, the seasonal menu will feature new dishes. In October, for example, flyers can dine on lamb hot pot and Welsh rarebit with chutney.
Passengers can also choose traditional pub classics including:
- Chicken pie with mash
- Pork pie with piccalilli
- Shepherd’s pie
- Sausage and mash
- Chicken bacon leek and mushroom pie
“Working with our catering partners, DO & CO and Newrest, we have created dishes using the best of British ingredients while they are in season”, said Sajida Ismail, head of inflight at British Airways, in a statement.
“We are particularly excited to be offering a roast dinner on board. We know that Yorkshire puddings and crispy roast potatoes can be difficult to recreate at altitude, but our chefs have been working to make it happen because we know that every British roast dinner should have them!”
On short-haul flights in Euro Traveller economy, as of July 19, British Airways has begun allowing passengers on select flights to order their Speedbird Cafe food or drink choices on board to be delivered to their seat. The new service will be available through a new inflight digital ordering platform.
Featured image courtesy of British Airways
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees