British Airways will soon serve roast dinners in Club World and First
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
British Airways is bringing back a great British tradition for its premium passengers: the roast dinner.
Served in First and Club World, passengers can tuck into a 21-day aged British beef, served with roast potatoes, Yorkshire pudding, seasonal vegetables, horseradish cream and gravy. Passengers flying to and from India will be offered British roast chicken served with roast potatoes, seasonal vegetables, bread sauce and gravy.
In September, travelers will be treated to a special elderflower and white chocolate dessert with compressed apple and elderflower sorbet.
The airline has launched these new menu items as part of a new Best of British menu to welcome back passengers who haven’t flown with the airline since the onset of the coronavirus pandemic. Each month, the seasonal menu will feature new dishes. In October, for example, flyers can dine on lamb hot pot and Welsh rarebit with chutney.
Passengers can also choose traditional pub classics including:
- Chicken pie with mash
- Pork pie with piccalilli
- Shepherd’s pie
- Sausage and mash
- Chicken bacon leek and mushroom pie
“Working with our catering partners, DO & CO and Newrest, we have created dishes using the best of British ingredients while they are in season”, said Sajida Ismail, head of inflight at British Airways, in a statement.
“We are particularly excited to be offering a roast dinner on board. We know that Yorkshire puddings and crispy roast potatoes can be difficult to recreate at altitude, but our chefs have been working to make it happen because we know that every British roast dinner should have them!”
On short-haul flights in Euro Traveller economy, as of July 19, British Airways has begun allowing passengers on select flights to order their Speedbird Cafe food or drink choices on board to be delivered to their seat. The new service will be available through a new inflight digital ordering platform.
Featured image courtesy of British Airways
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.