British Airways to restore service in first and business class
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
British Airways is set to restore most of its business and first-class service for flights starting Jan. 20, 2021.
To limit the risk of spreading COVID-19 onboard, many airlines reduced in-flight services — replacing hot meals with prepackaged snack boxes, no longer distributing blankets and pillows, no open-pour drinks in the main cabin.
But with a vaccine already in the early stages of distribution, the industry is starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel and make plans for 2021.
Want more news from TPG delivered to your inbox daily? Sign up for our daily newsletter.
British Airways bringing back full service
Turning Left for Less reported that British Airways will be bringing back the following in-flight services for business and first-class:
- Standard business and first-class china, cutlery and glasses
- Dine on demand and a la cart dining in first class
- Hot meal service in regional business class (Club Europe)
- Signature afternoon tea service and special meals
- Normal Club and First bar service with premium drinks
- Full tray service for the main meal in long-haul premium economy (World Traveler Plus) and economy (World Traveler)
Though, note that dine-on-demand meals will be served on a single tray.
There are a few things not yet returning:
- No mattress toppers or blankets for Club World
- No pre-departure drinks
- No warm towel service
Currently, all meals are served in snack boxes and there is no hot meal service (with the exception of international first-class cabins).
It’s nice to see British Airways — which was one of the airlines to most drastically reduce in-flight services — start reintegrating a more full-service flight experience for business and first-class passengers.
Featured image courtesy of British Airways.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.