British Airways to restore service in first and business class
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
British Airways is set to restore most of its business and first-class service for flights starting Jan. 20, 2021.
To limit the risk of spreading COVID-19 onboard, many airlines reduced in-flight services — replacing hot meals with prepackaged snack boxes, no longer distributing blankets and pillows, no open-pour drinks in the main cabin.
But with a vaccine already in the early stages of distribution, the industry is starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel and make plans for 2021.
Want more news from TPG delivered to your inbox daily? Sign up for our daily newsletter.
British Airways bringing back full service
Turning Left for Less reported that British Airways will be bringing back the following in-flight services for business and first-class:
- Standard business and first-class china, cutlery and glasses
- Dine on demand and a la cart dining in first class
- Hot meal service in regional business class (Club Europe)
- Signature afternoon tea service and special meals
- Normal Club and First bar service with premium drinks
- Full tray service for the main meal in long-haul premium economy (World Traveler Plus) and economy (World Traveler)
Though, note that dine-on-demand meals will be served on a single tray.
There are a few things not yet returning:
- No mattress toppers or blankets for Club World
- No pre-departure drinks
- No warm towel service
Currently, all meals are served in snack boxes and there is no hot meal service (with the exception of international first-class cabins).
It’s nice to see British Airways — which was one of the airlines to most drastically reduce in-flight services — start reintegrating a more full-service flight experience for business and first-class passengers.
Featured image courtesy of British Airways.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees