British Airways to restore service in first and business class
British Airways is set to restore most of its business and first-class service for flights starting Jan. 20, 2021.
To limit the risk of spreading COVID-19 onboard, many airlines reduced in-flight services — replacing hot meals with prepackaged snack boxes, no longer distributing blankets and pillows, no open-pour drinks in the main cabin.
But with a vaccine already in the early stages of distribution, the industry is starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel and make plans for 2021.
Want more news from TPG delivered to your inbox daily? Sign up for our daily newsletter.
British Airways bringing back full service
Turning Left for Less reported that British Airways will be bringing back the following in-flight services for business and first-class:
- Standard business and first-class china, cutlery and glasses
- Dine on demand and a la cart dining in first class
- Hot meal service in regional business class (Club Europe)
- Signature afternoon tea service and special meals
- Normal Club and First bar service with premium drinks
- Full tray service for the main meal in long-haul premium economy (World Traveler Plus) and economy (World Traveler)
Though, note that dine-on-demand meals will be served on a single tray.
There are a few things not yet returning:
- No mattress toppers or blankets for Club World
- No pre-departure drinks
- No warm towel service
Currently, all meals are served in snack boxes and there is no hot meal service (with the exception of international first-class cabins).
It’s nice to see British Airways — which was one of the airlines to most drastically reduce in-flight services — start reintegrating a more full-service flight experience for business and first-class passengers.
Featured image courtesy of British Airways.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.