You Can Party on Brightline’s Boozy Cuban-Themed Rum Train This June
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
There are two types of drunk trains in the world: The kind that leaves Penn Station for Long Island between the hours of midnight and 5am, and the fun kind.
Following the announcement of the Brightline (and future Virgin Trains USA) expansion to Orlando and Disney World, the Miami-based rail service is kicking off their summer season with a bang. Available on select dates between June 14 and June 29, the Havana Rum Train is an immersive, 21-and-older experience designed to celebrate Miami’s relationship with Cuba. It’ll feature everything from rum experts to musical guests The Cuban Trio and Leslie Cartaya, as well as historical narrators who can speak about the one-of-a-kind connection between Miami and Havana.
There will also be drinks. Lots of them.
The experience starts out approximately an hour before departure, when guests arrive at a designated private lounge in Virgin MiamiCentral. There, they’ll receive their first round of rum cocktails and feast on Cuban-themed hors d’oeuvres. Travelers will also have the option of purchasing additional beverages: So, American Express® Gold Card members, be ready.
Then, it’s all aboard. For the next two-and-a-half hours, guests will spend the ride sampling a trio of rum tastings, downing two rum cocktails and an additional dessert shooter all while being educated about everything rum, rail, Miami and Cuba. Now that’s a party.
Sound interesting? Tickets for the Havana Special Rum Train Ride are going for $125 for individual seats or $140 for table seats, which also has group seating options for two or four people. Purchase here on therumtrain.com or over the phone at 770-516-3836.
Featured image by Craig Barritt/Getty Images for BACARDI rum.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.