You Can Party on Brightline’s Boozy Cuban-Themed Rum Train This June
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
There are two types of drunk trains in the world: The kind that leaves Penn Station for Long Island between the hours of midnight and 5am, and the fun kind.
Following the announcement of the Brightline (and future Virgin Trains USA) expansion to Orlando and Disney World, the Miami-based rail service is kicking off their summer season with a bang. Available on select dates between June 14 and June 29, the Havana Rum Train is an immersive, 21-and-older experience designed to celebrate Miami’s relationship with Cuba. It’ll feature everything from rum experts to musical guests The Cuban Trio and Leslie Cartaya, as well as historical narrators who can speak about the one-of-a-kind connection between Miami and Havana.
There will also be drinks. Lots of them.
The experience starts out approximately an hour before departure, when guests arrive at a designated private lounge in Virgin MiamiCentral. There, they’ll receive their first round of rum cocktails and feast on Cuban-themed hors d’oeuvres. Travelers will also have the option of purchasing additional beverages: So, American Express® Gold Card members, be ready.
Then, it’s all aboard. For the next two-and-a-half hours, guests will spend the ride sampling a trio of rum tastings, downing two rum cocktails and an additional dessert shooter all while being educated about everything rum, rail, Miami and Cuba. Now that’s a party.
Sound interesting? Tickets for the Havana Special Rum Train Ride are going for $125 for individual seats or $140 for table seats, which also has group seating options for two or four people. Purchase here on therumtrain.com or over the phone at 770-516-3836.
Featured image by Craig Barritt/Getty Images for BACARDI rum.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees