This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re a holder of a Marriott Bonvoy credit card, you may want to login to your Marriott account, as we’ve noticed that the annual 15 elite night credits provided by these cards have started to arrive for select members. This perk is a great way to help you qualify for Marriott elite status. While I’m not yet one of the lucky ones (as of the time of writing), TPG Reviews Editor Nick Ellis noticed a jump in his Marriott elite-qualifying balance and found that his 15 nights arrived at some point today:
Nick has the (now discontinued) Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card, but the 15 nights should appear for anyone with the following cards:
- Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card
- Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card
- Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card
You should also be eligible for these 15 elite night credits if you have either of Marriott’s legacy credit cards from Chase (both of which are no longer open to new applicants). However, unlike with the old SPG Amex cards, these nights don’t stack based on the number of co-branded cards you have. You just get 15 nights whether you have one eligible Marriott card or multiple eligible cards.
To check to see if your 2019 elite night credits have posted, follow these steps:
1. Go to Marriott.com
2. Login to your account at the top.
3. Click your name and then select Activity.
4. Note if your nights earned balance has increased by 15.
You can click on Details to note the sources of the nights you’ve earned thus far in 2019. If your credit card nights have posted, you’d see an entry on the line labeled “Rewards Credit Card.”
Based on the terms of this perk, these are supposed to post by March 1 each year, so Marriott is definitely cutting it close. If yours haven’t arrived yet, don’t panic, as it appears the program is releasing these in batches.
Featured photo courtesy of the Marriott Waikoloa Resort.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees