Benét J. Wilson Joins The Points Guy’s Credit Cards Team
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
2019 is shaping up to be a huge year for The Points Guy. As we continue to grow our brand across channels, our editorial team is expanding with several key hires. Today we’re thrilled to announce that Benét J. Wilson is joining the team as Credit Cards Editor.
Wilson comes to The Points Guy from MagnifyMoney and CompareCards, where she’s worked as Associate Editor for Travel and Rewards. She’s an avgeek at heart — you may recognize her as AvQueenBenet on Twitter — with experience covering the industry for trade publications and working for aviation nonprofit organizations. She serves on the boards of the Online News Association and Mercer University’s Center for Collaborative Journalism.
In her role as a Credit Cards Editor, Benét will serve as deputy to Senior Credit Cards Editor Sarah Silbert. She’ll help improve the breadth and depth of one of our core editorial verticals, and will also be jumping back into the world of aviation from time to time to work on features.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.