British Airways stops sending physical cards to Executive Club members
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Instead, members should use the app or the BA website to view their membership details. Most of the time, a Oneworld airline-issued boarding pass should already display the member’s status level and thus grant access benefits, such as lounge access and priority boarding. However, if it doesn’t, the BA app has an electronic membership card under ‘My Account’, which can be used should proof of membership level be required to gain access to lounges or other status perks.
Generally, we recommend adding frequent flyer details to any booking either at time of booking or before traveling so that boarding passes and the airline’s system correctly displays status and any entitled perks. In addition, it also ensures that travelers earn both Avios and Tier Points for any flights taken by Oneworld alliance carriers.
The need to physically produce a membership card to prove status has greatly diminished over the years as airlines have invested in their IT systems and app capability.
BA has confirmed to TPG that any members who would wish to receive a physical membership pack with a membership card can order one through their Executive Club account on ba.com.
Featured image courtesy of BA.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.