British Airways Is Getting Its First A350 Tomorrow
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Registered as G-XWBA, the A350 making its way to London Heathrow (LHR) on Friday is the first of 18 of the aircraft on order. On Thursday, BA’s PR team released a teaser video of the aircraft leaving a hangar.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by British Airways PR Team (@britishairwayspr) on
The aircraft is expected to land at its future Heathrow home at around 2pm local time (9am ET). You’ll be able to track the path of the aircraft on its journey from Toulouse (TLS) to LHR tomorrow by using the G-XWBA registration number on FlightRadar24.
The A350 represents a new era for British Airways. Inside, passengers can expect the biggest update to the carrier’s Club World business-class product in decades. The carrier’s new Club Suite product will be configured in a 1-2-1 set up, with the highlight of the suite being a door. The A350 will feature 56 seats in Club Suite, 56 seats in World Traveller Plus and 219 seats in economy. Notably missing on the A350s is BA’s first class cabin.
Initially, the A350 will fly short-haul between London and Madrid (MAD) for crew to familiarize themselves with the aircraft and new product. Then, as of Sept. 2, the aircraft will fly to Dubai (DXB). By the end of the year, BA will have four A350s in the fleet.
The introduction of the A350 into service means the end of the road is near for the Queen of the Skies — BA’s 747s. They’re expected to be fully retired from the fleet by 2022.
Stay tuned to TPG on Friday for a first look inside the aircraft.
Featured photo courtesy British Airways.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.