British Airways Is Getting Its First A350 Tomorrow
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The day has finally come for British Airways to take delivery of its first Airbus A350 aircraft. On Friday, July 26, British Airways will receive its first A350-1000 from Toulouse.
Registered as G-XWBA, the A350 making its way to London Heathrow (LHR) on Friday is the first of 18 of the aircraft on order. On Thursday, BA’s PR team released a teaser video of the aircraft leaving a hangar.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by British Airways PR Team (@britishairwayspr) on
The aircraft is expected to land at its future Heathrow home at around 2pm local time (9am ET). You’ll be able to track the path of the aircraft on its journey from Toulouse (TLS) to LHR tomorrow by using the G-XWBA registration number on FlightRadar24.
The A350 represents a new era for British Airways. Inside, passengers can expect the biggest update to the carrier’s Club World business-class product in decades. The carrier’s new Club Suite product will be configured in a 1-2-1 set up, with the highlight of the suite being a door. The A350 will feature 56 seats in Club Suite, 56 seats in World Traveller Plus and 219 seats in economy. Notably missing on the A350s is BA’s first class cabin.
Initially, the A350 will fly short-haul between London and Madrid (MAD) for crew to familiarize themselves with the aircraft and new product. Then, as of Sept. 2, the aircraft will fly to Dubai (DXB). By the end of the year, BA will have four A350s in the fleet.
The introduction of the A350 into service means the end of the road is near for the Queen of the Skies — BA’s 747s. They’re expected to be fully retired from the fleet by 2022.
Stay tuned to TPG on Friday for a first look inside the aircraft.
Featured photo courtesy British Airways.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees