Azerbaijan Airlines Reopens US Service from New York JFK
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
One month after it appeared Azerbaijan Airlines would cease all operations in the United States, the carrier has reopened its route between Baku (GYD) and New York JFK beginning Oct. 5, the airline said via Facebook.
“Baku-New York flights to JFK airport will be continued within the framework of both the winter schedule for 2019/2020 and the summer schedule for 2020,” Azerbaijan Airlines said in a post dated July 23. “The flights will be performed twice a week (Monday and Saturday) on comfortable Boeing 787 Dreamliner aircraft.”
Airlineroute, a Twitter account that monitors airline schedules, also picked up on the development, noting that the service would “re-open” reservations for flights beginning Oct. 5.
The route, which runs Mondays and Saturdays to the capital of Azerbaijan, will effectively be uninterrupted despite the airline’s earlier announcement that it would halt its US service. The last flight was supposed to run on Sept. 30, and the newly bookable flights that begin Oct. 5 represent an extension of the previous schedule. The carrier’s JFK flight remains the only Azerbaijan Airlines route to America.
Azerbaijan Airlines operates the flight using its Boeing 787-8 aircraft, and flights for Oct. 5 and beyond are already available on the airline’s website. For a look inside the airline’s Dreamliner, check out our review of the plane’s business class.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees