Azerbaijan Airlines Reopens US Service from New York JFK
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
One month after it appeared Azerbaijan Airlines would cease all operations in the United States, the carrier has reopened its route between Baku (GYD) and New York JFK beginning Oct. 5, the airline said via Facebook.
“Baku-New York flights to JFK airport will be continued within the framework of both the winter schedule for 2019/2020 and the summer schedule for 2020,” Azerbaijan Airlines said in a post dated July 23. “The flights will be performed twice a week (Monday and Saturday) on comfortable Boeing 787 Dreamliner aircraft.”
Airlineroute, a Twitter account that monitors airline schedules, also picked up on the development, noting that the service would “re-open” reservations for flights beginning Oct. 5.
The route, which runs Mondays and Saturdays to the capital of Azerbaijan, will effectively be uninterrupted despite the airline’s earlier announcement that it would halt its US service. The last flight was supposed to run on Sept. 30, and the newly bookable flights that begin Oct. 5 represent an extension of the previous schedule. The carrier’s JFK flight remains the only Azerbaijan Airlines route to America.
Azerbaijan Airlines operates the flight using its Boeing 787-8 aircraft, and flights for Oct. 5 and beyond are already available on the airline’s website. For a look inside the airline’s Dreamliner, check out our review of the plane’s business class.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.