Azerbaijan Airlines Reopens US Service from New York JFK
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
One month after it appeared Azerbaijan Airlines would cease all operations in the United States, the carrier has reopened its route between Baku (GYD) and New York JFK beginning Oct. 5, the airline said via Facebook.
“Baku-New York flights to JFK airport will be continued within the framework of both the winter schedule for 2019/2020 and the summer schedule for 2020,” Azerbaijan Airlines said in a post dated July 23. “The flights will be performed twice a week (Monday and Saturday) on comfortable Boeing 787 Dreamliner aircraft.”
Airlineroute, a Twitter account that monitors airline schedules, also picked up on the development, noting that the service would “re-open” reservations for flights beginning Oct. 5.
The route, which runs Mondays and Saturdays to the capital of Azerbaijan, will effectively be uninterrupted despite the airline’s earlier announcement that it would halt its US service. The last flight was supposed to run on Sept. 30, and the newly bookable flights that begin Oct. 5 represent an extension of the previous schedule. The carrier’s JFK flight remains the only Azerbaijan Airlines route to America.
Azerbaijan Airlines operates the flight using its Boeing 787-8 aircraft, and flights for Oct. 5 and beyond are already available on the airline’s website. For a look inside the airline’s Dreamliner, check out our review of the plane’s business class.
- Earn up to 70,000 bonus miles. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- New! Get ready for your next trip - spend $10,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to get you there sooner.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees