Wide Open Award Availability on BA’s All-Business Class Flight From London to NYC
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
One of the most fascinating flights across the Atlantic is British Airways’ all-business class Airbus A318, which flies between New York’s Kennedy (JFK) and London’s closest airport: London City (LCY). With just 32 business class seats on-board, the flight is truly unlike any other British Airways flight.
And, if you want to check this flight off your AvGeek bucket list, now’s a great time to book: British Airways Flight 1 from London City (LCY) to New York Kennedy (JFK) currently has wide-open award availability. For most dates that I’m searching from July through early August, and September through (at least) November, there’s minimum one seat available each day:
For searching purposes, note that this flight doesn’t operate on Saturdays and it isn’t available from August 4-27 or November 17-24.
You can book this flight for 57,500 AAdvantage miles or 60,000 British Airways Avios one-way during peak dates (50,000 off-peak). Beware fuel surcharges on this BA-operated flight can run around $400-500 each way. To save both mileage and out-of-pocket cost, Asia Miles is the best way of booking the nonstop.
If you’ve got Avios burning a hole in your pocket, I’ve also found that a way of saving out-of-pocket cost — although a slightly-higher mileage cost — is to originate in another city and fly through London City. For example, you’ll save $100 but pay 9,000 more Avios during peak dates by flying from Berlin (TXL) through London City (LCY) to catch flight 1. Off-peak savings aren’t as much: save $30 and pay 7,750 more Avios.
H/T: God Save the Points
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.