Wide Open Award Availability on BA’s All-Business Class Flight From London to NYC
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
One of the most fascinating flights across the Atlantic is British Airways’ all-business class Airbus A318, which flies between New York’s Kennedy (JFK) and London’s closest airport: London City (LCY). With just 32 business class seats on-board, the flight is truly unlike any other British Airways flight.
And, if you want to check this flight off your AvGeek bucket list, now’s a great time to book: British Airways Flight 1 from London City (LCY) to New York Kennedy (JFK) currently has wide-open award availability. For most dates that I’m searching from July through early August, and September through (at least) November, there’s minimum one seat available each day:
For searching purposes, note that this flight doesn’t operate on Saturdays and it isn’t available from August 4-27 or November 17-24.
You can book this flight for 57,500 AAdvantage miles or 60,000 British Airways Avios one-way during peak dates (50,000 off-peak). Beware fuel surcharges on this BA-operated flight can run around $400-500 each way. To save both mileage and out-of-pocket cost, Asia Miles is the best way of booking the nonstop.
If you’ve got Avios burning a hole in your pocket, I’ve also found that a way of saving out-of-pocket cost — although a slightly-higher mileage cost — is to originate in another city and fly through London City. For example, you’ll save $100 but pay 9,000 more Avios during peak dates by flying from Berlin (TXL) through London City (LCY) to catch flight 1. Off-peak savings aren’t as much: save $30 and pay 7,750 more Avios.
H/T: God Save the Points
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees