Austrian Airlines introduces 3D seat maps for Boeing 777 flights
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Gone are the days of frantically Googling cabin interior photos and compulsively checking Seat Guru, at least if you’re flying long-haul on Austrian Airlines.
The airline has introduced 3D seat maps for all flights operated by its Boeing 777s. The new technology will allow passengers to look at individual seats during the selection process, and see if their preference has the features they want. For example, passengers will be able to see if their row is missing a window, or just how close the bulkhead appears to be.
Travelers in all classes (economy, premium economy and business class) will all be able to take advantage of the service. Austrian uses 777s on routes from its Vienna hub (VIE) to Los Angeles (LAX), New York(JFK), Cape Town (CPT), Mauritius (MRU), Bangkok (BKK), Tokyo (NRT) and other destinations.
Austrian joins Star Alliance partner United in offering 3D seat maps to its passengers.
United Airlines announced last month that the tool would first be available for flights on its new CRJ550 aircraft, but should roll out to the rest of the fleet by the end of this year. No other U.S. airline has such a feature.
Featured photo by Christoph Schmidt/picture alliance via Getty Image.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.