Austrian Airlines introduces 3D seat maps for Boeing 777 flights
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Gone are the days of frantically Googling cabin interior photos and compulsively checking Seat Guru, at least if you’re flying long-haul on Austrian Airlines.
The airline has introduced 3D seat maps for all flights operated by its Boeing 777s. The new technology will allow passengers to look at individual seats during the selection process, and see if their preference has the features they want. For example, passengers will be able to see if their row is missing a window, or just how close the bulkhead appears to be.
Travelers in all classes (economy, premium economy and business class) will all be able to take advantage of the service. Austrian uses 777s on routes from its Vienna hub (VIE) to Los Angeles (LAX), New York(JFK), Cape Town (CPT), Mauritius (MRU), Bangkok (BKK), Tokyo (NRT) and other destinations.
Austrian joins Star Alliance partner United in offering 3D seat maps to its passengers.
United Airlines announced last month that the tool would first be available for flights on its new CRJ550 aircraft, but should roll out to the rest of the fleet by the end of this year. No other U.S. airline has such a feature.
Featured photo by Christoph Schmidt/picture alliance via Getty Image.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees