Going to Aspen Food & Wine? Don’t forget your Amex card to unlock exclusive experiences
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Aspen’s Food & Wine Classic event is regarded as one of the best gastronomic festivals in the U.S., with celebrity chef (think Martha Stewart and Andrew Zimmern) presentations, free-flowing wine, dynamic dishes from the best restaurants around and the opulence that only Aspen can offer.
Want more from TPG? Sign up for our daily newsletter.
American Express, the presenting sponsor for the Food & Wine Classic in Aspen, is hosting several in-person and virtual events for its cardholders from Sept. 10-14. And best of all, those attending this foodie event won’t need an ultra-premium card like The Platinum Card® from American Express to unlock exclusive cardholder experiences, as any Amex card will suffice to gain access.
Read on for more details on what Amex cardholders attending the Aspen Food & Wine Classic can expect.
Given the sheer number of incredible wines offered at this event, it’s very likely that you’re going to overindulge just a bit. However, American Express and Marriott Bonvoy are teaming up to help you start the day on the right foot — or perhaps more accurately, the right pedal. The duo partnered with local studio CycleBar to host an outdoor spin class at The St. Regis Aspen on Friday and Saturday. There are two 45-minute silent disco-style classes, one at 8 a.m. and another at 9 a.m. Spots are available on a first-come, first-served basis — and attendees will need to sign up in person at The St. Regis Aspen. Cardmembers will receive a fitness gift bag at check-in and can stick around after their ride for light refreshments.
Immersive dining experience
Chef Kwame Onwuachi has an impressive resume. He was included on the Forbes “30 under 30” list, was named one of the best new chefs of 2019 by Food & Wine, and was a James Beard Award winner. It’s safe to say the man knows how to make a dining experience memorable. On Friday and Saturday, Onwuachi is leading a series of 30-minute immersive experiences, involving 360-degree audiovisual clips projected on the walls, paired with tasty bites curated by the chef himself. Reservations are on a first-come, first-served basis and can be made through Resy.
Restaurant Trade Program
Considering the state of the world, the Food & Wine Classic in Aspen is somewhat abbreviated this year. But, for the first time ever, the American Express Restaurant Trade Program will be virtual and free for anyone to attend. The event will take place on Sept. 14 at 11 a.m. ET. It will feature a series of panels with restaurateurs, owners, chefs, sommeliers and other leaders within the restaurant industry, where they’ll discuss creative approaches to the myriad problems facing the industry right now. Registration can be found at amextradeprogram.com.
In a partnership with Sunboy, a spiked sparkling coconut water company, Amex cardholders will receive complimentary fresh coconut water provided by Marriott Bonvoy and American Express for Food & Wine attendees throughout the weekend. You can find the booth at the Mill Street entrance, near The St. Regis, from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Friday and Saturday and from 8:30 a.m. to noon on Sunday.
1 million points scavenger hunt
What would you do with 1 million Marriott Bonvoy points? It’s a question the winner of the American Express and Marriott Bonvoy scavenger hunt will have to ask themselves. The two brands have put together an interactive scavenger hunt that will take participants throughout scenic Aspen. Even if you don’t win the mother lode, each person who completes the scavenger hunt (snapping a photo at each site and sharing those with a brand ambassador) will earn a gift. To pick up a scavenger hunt passport (and complete the first stop), swing by the gondola photo experience in the Grand Tasting Pavilion.
If you’re staying at The St. Regis or W Aspen, keep an eye out for a surprise goodie bag drop-off courtesy of Marriott Bonvoy and American Express.
The Food & Wine Classic in Aspen is all about pairing incredible bites and over-the-top experiences. Given that American Express is the presenting sponsor, it makes sense the brand would want to go above and beyond to give their cardholders something to talk about long afterward. American Express is no stranger to partnering with world-class events and delivering exciting perks and added value to their own cardholders.
Featured photo by Jonathan Ross/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees