The final A380 for ANA is out of the hangar, and it looks stunning
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The third and final of All Nippon Airways’ Airbus A380 aircraft has left the paint shop at Airbus, and it may be the most impressive aircraft out there.
The orange-painted A380 joins ANA’s other two A380s already in service, which are painted in blue and emerald green.
Like the previous two A380s that ANA has already taken delivery of, the livery of this third iteration also features sea turtles, which are an iconic species in Hawaii.
ANA took delivery of its first A380 in March 2019. All three A380s flying for the biggest Japanese airline will be dedicated to the popular leisure route between Tokyo and Honolulu. The first, blue A380 — registered JA-381A — is colored after the Hawaiian sky. The second — JA-382A — is emerald green after the Hawaiian ocean. This final A380 — JA-383A — is painted orange after the Hawaiian sunset.
On ANA’s A380s, passengers can expect a four-cabin configuration across the two decks: first, business, premium economy and economy. First-class suites are entirely gray in color, featuring a lie-flat bed, with its own door. Each of the enclosed suites — which are arranged in a 1-2-1 configuration — features a 32-inch LCD inflight entertainment screen. The center two seats could be ideal for couples, featuring a large partition that can be situated up or down. The two middle seats cannot be made into a double bed, however.
Further back on the upper deck, there are 56 business-class seats, which are also arranged in a 1-2-1 configuration and are silver and blue in color. You can expect lie-flat beds, an 18-inch IFE monitor and in-seat power ports. You can read a full review of the business-class experience here.
And rounding out the upper deck, there are 73 premium economy seats at the rear in a 2-3-2 configuration. Each seat has 38 inches of pitch, along with a swiveling tray table, 15.6-inch IFE screen, foot rests and power ports.
Related reading: Our first look inside ANA’s Hawaii-bound Airbus A380
In between the first and business-class cabins, there’s a bar counter, as well as a bar counter in the first-class cabin. At the rear of the premium economy cabin, there’s a third bar counter for the upper deck.
The lower deck is comprised completely of economy seats — 383 in total in a 3-4-3 configuration. Economy flyers will be happy to know each seat offers a generous 34 inches of pitch, more than the usual 32- or even 31-inch legroom usually found in long-haul coach. Each seat in the cabin also has a 13.3-inch IFE screen and power ports. The lower deck is also where you’ll find ANA’s COUCHii product.
Featured photo courtesy of Airbus.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees