Amtrak offering $19 coach, $39 Acela business class tickets in the Northeast
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
From now through Mar. 26, Amtrak is offering flat-rate fares on all Northeast Corridor, Acela and Downeaster routes. With this sale, you can book $19 fares in coach or $39 fares in Acela business class on all available trains.
To take advantage of this deal, you must book travel that takes place between Mar. 30 and Sept. 30 by Mar. 26. You can find these fares by searching on this sale page on the Amtrak website. There are no blackout dates listed.
There are plenty of excellent deals to be had here. For example, you can ride the entirety of the Acela Express — Boston to Washington D.C. — for $39.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Likewise, you can book longer Northeast Corridor routes for $19, like this train from New York City to Newport News, Virginia.
Alternatively, you can use Downeaster service to head north into Maine. This Brunswick to Boston itinerary costs the same $19 as any other route included in this sale.
This is an excellent sale — especially if you travel with Amtrak often and can stock up on future tickets. With deals this good, you may want to consider booking the train instead of flying or driving on your next trip in the Northeast.
Also, note that these routes can get very expensive at the last-minute when commuters book up popular routes, so lock in your travel before the deal expires on Mar. 26!
Oh, and don’t forget to add your Amtrak Guest Rewards number to your ticket. You can use your points to score free Amtrak rides in the future.
Feature photo by Robert Nickelsberg/Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees