Amtrak offering $19 coach, $39 Acela business class tickets in the Northeast
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
From now through Mar. 26, Amtrak is offering flat-rate fares on all Northeast Corridor, Acela and Downeaster routes. With this sale, you can book $19 fares in coach or $39 fares in Acela business class on all available trains.
To take advantage of this deal, you must book travel that takes place between Mar. 30 and Sept. 30 by Mar. 26. You can find these fares by searching on this sale page on the Amtrak website. There are no blackout dates listed.
There are plenty of excellent deals to be had here. For example, you can ride the entirety of the Acela Express — Boston to Washington D.C. — for $39.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Likewise, you can book longer Northeast Corridor routes for $19, like this train from New York City to Newport News, Virginia.
Alternatively, you can use Downeaster service to head north into Maine. This Brunswick to Boston itinerary costs the same $19 as any other route included in this sale.
This is an excellent sale — especially if you travel with Amtrak often and can stock up on future tickets. With deals this good, you may want to consider booking the train instead of flying or driving on your next trip in the Northeast.
Also, note that these routes can get very expensive at the last-minute when commuters book up popular routes, so lock in your travel before the deal expires on Mar. 26!
Oh, and don’t forget to add your Amtrak Guest Rewards number to your ticket. You can use your points to score free Amtrak rides in the future.
Feature photo by Robert Nickelsberg/Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.