Amtrak Launches Spring Double Points Days Promotion
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Citi Premier® Card
Traveling on Amtrak this spring? Well it’s about to get a lot more rewarding.
The train operator is relaunching its Double Days points promotion where Amtrak Guest Rewards members can earn twice the points they’d normally get on train travel.
Normally members receive two points for every dollar spent on Amtrak, but they’ll see that doubled to 4x points per dollar during the promotion.
To earn the bonus, you’ll have to complete two easy criteria. First, register for Double Days here — and if you’re new to Amtrak Guest Rewards, you can sign up for an account here. New members who travel within 90 days of registration will receive an additional 500 bonus points.
Then, you’ll need to buy a ticket for travel on Amtrak between March 18 and May 18. Note that you can only earn double points on four qualifying one-way segments per day — still, there’s no cap on the total amount of points you can earn.
TPG values Amtrak points at a whopping 2.5 cents apiece, making it the most valuable currency in the points and miles world (if you’re into train travel at least), and redemptions on the train line start at just 800 points.
Amtrak has sleeper roomettes with panoramic windows that can be great for scenic cross-country trips. The high-speed Acela is finally getting a much needed makeover, too, although the new train cars won’t be rolled out until 2021.
When purchasing a train ticket, make sure to use a card that earns bonus points on travel like the Chase Sapphire Reserve or Citi Premier® Card — both earn 3x points on all travel purchases. The Amtrak Guest Rewards World Mastercard earns 3x Amtrak points on all purchases with the company.
Featured image by Robert Alexander/Archive Photos/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees