Amtrak Cardmembers Now Get up to 20% Back on Onboard Food and Beverages
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Amtrak on Tuesday announced that it’s rolling out a new benefit for Amtrak Guest Rewards credit card holders, where new and existing cardmembers will get 20% back on onboard food and beverage purchases.
Here’s how it works. Eligible cardholders will receive a statement credit within seven days of the purchase. The cards included are the Amtrak Guest Rewards® World Mastercard® and the Amtrak Guest Rewards Platinum Mastercard.
World Mastercard members will receive a 20% rebate, while Platinum cardholders will get 10% back for onboard food and beverage purchases.
This new perk is similar to how select airline co-brand credit cards offer discounts on in-flight purchases. The Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite Mastercard® gives 25% off food and beverage purchases on American Airlines flights while the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express offers 20% back on food, beverages and headsets. The information for the Citi AAdvantage Platinum card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Amtrak also announced that new Amtrak Guest Rewards World Mastercard members can receive a new sign up bonus of 40,000 points (worth up to $1,000 in Amtrak travel) and a $100 statement credit after spending $2,500 during the first three months. The regular sign-up bonus is typically 20,000 points.
With the recent Amtrak news, including the new non-stop Acela route between New York and Washington and new train cars coming soon, now might be a good time to invest in an Amtrak card.
If you aren’t familiar with Amtrak cards, World Mastercard members receive 3X points for every dollar spent on Amtrak, an annual Companion Coupon and Upgrade Coupon, a fast track to elite status and a single-visit lounge pass upon approval. The Platinum Mastercard has a welcome bonus of 12,000 points after spending $1,000 in the first three months with no annual fee. You’ll receive 2X points on Amtrak purchases with the less-premium card.
Featured image by Katie Genter / The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.