Amtrak Cardmembers Now Get up to 20% Back on Onboard Food and Beverages
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Amtrak on Tuesday announced that it’s rolling out a new benefit for Amtrak Guest Rewards credit card holders, where new and existing cardmembers will get 20% back on onboard food and beverage purchases.
Here’s how it works. Eligible cardholders will receive a statement credit within seven days of the purchase. The cards included are the Amtrak Guest Rewards® World Mastercard® and the Amtrak Guest Rewards Platinum Mastercard.
World Mastercard members will receive a 20% rebate, while Platinum cardholders will get 10% back for onboard food and beverage purchases.
This new perk is similar to how select airline co-brand credit cards offer discounts on in-flight purchases. The Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite™ Mastercard® gives 25% off food and beverage purchases on American Airlines flights while the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express offers 20% back on food, beverages and headsets.
Amtrak also announced that new Amtrak Guest Rewards World Mastercard members can receive a new sign up bonus of 40,000 points (worth up to $1,000 in Amtrak travel) and a $100 statement credit after spending $2,500 during the first three months. The regular sign-up bonus is typically 20,000 points.
With the recent Amtrak news, including the new non-stop Acela route between New York and Washington and new train cars coming soon, now might be a good time to invest in an Amtrak card.
If you aren’t familiar with Amtrak cards, World Mastercard members receive 3X points for every dollar spent on Amtrak, an annual Companion Coupon and Upgrade Coupon, a fast track to elite status and a single-visit lounge pass upon approval. The Platinum Mastercard has a welcome bonus of 12,000 points after spending $1,000 in the first three months with no annual fee. You’ll receive 2X points on Amtrak purchases with the less-premium card.
Featured image by Katie Genter / The Points Guy.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.