Amtrak Cardmembers Now Get up to 20% Back on Onboard Food and Beverages
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Amtrak on Tuesday announced that it’s rolling out a new benefit for Amtrak Guest Rewards credit card holders, where new and existing cardmembers will get 20% back on onboard food and beverage purchases.
Here’s how it works. Eligible cardholders will receive a statement credit within seven days of the purchase. The cards included are the Amtrak Guest Rewards® World Mastercard® and the Amtrak Guest Rewards Platinum Mastercard.
World Mastercard members will receive a 20% rebate, while Platinum cardholders will get 10% back for onboard food and beverage purchases.
This new perk is similar to how select airline co-brand credit cards offer discounts on in-flight purchases. The Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite Mastercard® gives 25% off food and beverage purchases on American Airlines flights while the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express offers 20% back on food, beverages and headsets. The information for the Citi AAdvantage Platinum card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Amtrak also announced that new Amtrak Guest Rewards World Mastercard members can receive a new sign up bonus of 40,000 points (worth up to $1,000 in Amtrak travel) and a $100 statement credit after spending $2,500 during the first three months. The regular sign-up bonus is typically 20,000 points.
With the recent Amtrak news, including the new non-stop Acela route between New York and Washington and new train cars coming soon, now might be a good time to invest in an Amtrak card.
If you aren’t familiar with Amtrak cards, World Mastercard members receive 3X points for every dollar spent on Amtrak, an annual Companion Coupon and Upgrade Coupon, a fast track to elite status and a single-visit lounge pass upon approval. The Platinum Mastercard has a welcome bonus of 12,000 points after spending $1,000 in the first three months with no annual fee. You’ll receive 2X points on Amtrak purchases with the less-premium card.
Featured image by Katie Genter / The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees