American Express Offering 3 Free Months of Amazon Prime (Targeted)
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Express is targeting some of its cardholders with a free three-month Amazon Prime membership.
Targeted cardholders can take advantage of the free three months of Prime — a deal worth nearly $39 — for a limited time. According to the terms and conditions of the limited-time offer, it’s valid only in the United States. Once the free three-month period is up, your Prime membership will be automatically renewed at $119 plus applicable taxes per year.
It’s unclear how Amex is targeting cardholders for this promotion. To see if you’re eligible and have been targeted for the offer, check your email for a message with the subject line “Exclusive offer from American Express: 3 months of Prime.” You’ll need to have been targeted and have received the email in order to be eligible for the three free months. It’s not uncommon for promotions to be labeled as spam, so be sure to check that folder if you’re not immediately seeing it in your main inbox.
The terms and conditions state that the promotion started on Tuesday, July 10, and will end either on July 23 or when 160,000 customers have redeemed the offer — whichever comes first. Amazon also reserves the right to end the promotion when it wants. So, if you were targeted and want to take advantage, you’ll want to do it sooner rather than later.
Overall, this is a nice offer on the surface. However, if you were targeted and elect to take advantage but don’t necessarily want to pay the $119 plus tax annual membership rate, you’ll want to cancel the membership before it automatically renews at that price.
This promotion comes just in time for Amazon’s annual Prime Day, which falls on July 16 at 3:00pm ET. In order to make the most of Prime Day — and for all days — make sure you’re using the right credit cards to maximize your Amazon purchases.
Featured image by David Ryder/Getty Images.
H/T: Doctor of Credit
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 75,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,500
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber savings annually (only for use in the U.S.) (Enrollment required for select benefits)
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 75,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $5,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 10x points on eligible purchases on your new Card at U.S. Gas Stations and U.S. Supermarkets, on up to $15,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership. That’s an additional 9 points on top of the 1 point you earn for these purchases.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member and Additional Centurion Cards only.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel. Starting January 1, 2021, earn 5X points on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year.
- 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- Enjoy complimentary access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits through American Express Travel with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts® program at over 1,100 properties. Learn More.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. That’s up to $50 in statement credits semi-annually. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees