Last chance! Use your Amex Platinum’s $30 monthly PayPal credit by June 30
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available.
Editor’s note: This post has been updated with new information.
Over the past year, American Express has added many temporary perks for Platinum cardholders during the pandemic to help offset the lull of no travel.
Want more credit card news and advice from TPG? Sign up for our daily newsletter.
From Jan. 1 to June 30, 2021, The Platinum Card® from American Express cardmembers earned up to $30 monthly PayPal credit. As we’ve now entered the final month of this temporary benefit (with just a couple of days left to use June’s $30 credit), this is your last reminder to take advantage before it’s long gone.
While it is effortless to simply check out via PayPal at thousands of online retailers (such as Target, Walmart, Home Depot, Walgreens and many more) and pay via PayPal with your Amex Platinum card, there are several restrictions for this offer. For example, person-to-person payments are not eligible for statement credits, as well as gift card purchases or prepaid card reloads.
Thankfully, we’ve rounded up 18 creative ways to use your Amex Platinum’s $30 monthly PayPal credit, from combining this with the (permanent) Saks Fifth Avenue credit or ordering food delivery. Enrollment required.
If you can’t find a way to use this credit for June, donating to your favorite charity is always a fantastic option that takes just a couple of clicks.
Although June marks the last month to use this PayPal credit, we can expect American Express to continue to provide new and exciting offers soon. Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter or follow us on our social media to keep up with the latest card-related news.
Additional reporting by Stella Shon.
Featured image courtesy of Maskot for Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees