Amex Platinum Saks Fifth Avenue and Dell Credits Reset Today
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
While The Platinum Card® from American Express is one of the most valuable travel rewards cards on the market, it requires a little bit of work to truly maximize it. That’s because the card comes with a massive $550 annual fee (see rates & fees), which is slowly returned to you over the course of the year in the form of statement credits for airline fees, Uber,and even purchases at select retailers.
If you currently have an Amex Platinum, it’s time to take advantage of one of the least talked-about benefits of the card — the $100 annual statement credit at Saks Fifth Avenue. You’ll receive a $50 statement credit for purchases made during the first six months of the year, and another $50 for purchases made between July 1st and December 31st.
Make sure to stack this with online shopping portals to earn bonus cash back or miles, and to keep an eye out for any sales our coupons Saks is offering. Right now, you can get free shipping on all orders with promo code FREESHIP, freeing up more of your $50 credit to make an actual purchase. If you frequently shop at Saks this discount will come in especially handy, but even if you don’t, it’s easy to find a few items under $50 you can get free and clear. If you search the sale section, you can even sort specifically for items under $50 (so you can bet I’ll be stocking up on a few t-shirts this week).
If you have The Business Platinum® Card from American Express instead of one of the personal versions, your semi-annual statement credit will get you $100 back on Dell technology purchases. When this benefit first launched, JT Genter was able to find thousands of items on sale for under $100 so be sure to check out this post if you need some inspiration (and don’t forget to go through a shopping portal!).
For more reading on the Amex Platinum please see:
- 10 Things to Do When You Get Amex Platinum
For rates and fees of the Amex Platinum card, click here.
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee