Your Amex Platinum Saks Fifth Avenue and Dell credits reset today
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Editor’s note: This post has been updated with new information.
While The Platinum Card® from American Express is one of the most valuable travel rewards cards on the market, it requires a little bit of work to truly maximize it.
The Amex Platinum now comes with a $695 annual fee (see rates and fees), but is slowly returned to you over the course of the year in the form of statement credits. These credits range from airline fees, Uber cash, purchases at select retailers and so much more. Some of these credits are given out monthly, while others are distributed semi-annually and annually. Enrollment required for select benefits.
If you currently have an Amex Platinum, now is the time to take advantage of one of the least talked-about benefits of the card — the up to $100 annual statement credit at Saks Fifth Avenue for U.S. purchases. You’ll receive a $50 statement credit for purchases made between Jan. 1 and June 30 and another $50 for purchases made between July 1 and Dec. 31.
Since today is the first of July, you’ll now have access to your $50 credit for the second half of the year.
If you frequently shop at Saks, this statement credit will come in especially handy, but even if you don’t, it’s easy to find a few items under $50. If you search the sale section, you can even sort specifically for items under $50 (so you can bet I’ll be stocking up on a few t-shirts this week).
If you have The Business Platinum Card® from American Express instead of one of the personal versions, you’ll get up to a $200 statement credit on Dell technology purchases in the U.S. each calendar year. In other words, you’ll get up to $100 in statement credits for January through June and up to $100 in statement credits for July to December. Enrollment required.
This means Amex Business Platinum cardholders can also access their $50 statement credit for the second half of the year starting today. When this benefit first launched, TPG staffers were able to find thousands of items on sale for under $100, so be sure to check out this post if you need some inspiration (and don’t forget to go through a shopping portal!).
Application link: Amex Business Platinum welcome offer — available exclusively through The Points Guy — of 125,000 bonus points after spending $15,000 on purchases in the first three months of card membership.
For more reading on the Amex Platinum, please see:
- More people targeted for the Amex Platinum 125k bonus offer via CardMatch (offer subject to change at anytime)
- 10 things to do when you get Amex Platinum
- Is the Amex Platinum worth the annual fee?
Additional reporting by Stella Shon.
For rates and fees of the Amex Platinum card, click here.
Featured photo by Wyatt Smith/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees