Why you should be using the Amex Offers map feature
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Raise your hand if you’ve got an Amex card. Now keep it raised if you’ve taken advantage of ever-popular Amex Offers, the limited-time promotions that give you discounts on purchases, bonus points for spend and sometimes even cash back.
While I’d like to say I’m a huge proponent (it is, after all, free money), oftentimes I find myself missing out simply because I’m not aware there’s an offer available.
That’s where the Amex Offers interactive map comes in, which uses your location to show you nearby offers. The app version even includes additional offers not available via desktop.
The map is not limited to your current location, either. Once on the map, you can scroll around the world to see any current offers available anywhere. This can be especially handy if you’re traveling in the near future and want to see what you can get in, say, New York:
Why is this important? Because sometimes scrolling through 100+ offers on your Amex page gets confusing and a little overwhelming. The map allows you to visualize what’s near so you can prioritize your spend and take better advantage of your offers.
To navigate to this feature, open your American Express app and hit “offers” on the bottom of the page. You’ll be brought to the Amex offers page, which will display the map at the top:
Click the map, and the page will load to show all current offers near you. It’s as simple as that!
Check out this post to find out more about some of our favorite hotel offers currently available.
Feature photo by vinnstock /Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.