Why you should be using the Amex Offers map feature
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Raise your hand if you’ve got an Amex card. Now keep it raised if you’ve taken advantage of ever-popular Amex Offers, the limited-time promotions that give you discounts on purchases, bonus points for spend and sometimes even cash back.
While I’d like to say I’m a huge proponent (it is, after all, free money), oftentimes I find myself missing out simply because I’m not aware there’s an offer available.
That’s where the Amex Offers interactive map comes in, which uses your location to show you nearby offers. The app version even includes additional offers not available via desktop.
The map is not limited to your current location, either. Once on the map, you can scroll around the world to see any current offers available anywhere. This can be especially handy if you’re traveling in the near future and want to see what you can get in, say, New York:
Why is this important? Because sometimes scrolling through 100+ offers on your Amex page gets confusing and a little overwhelming. The map allows you to visualize what’s near so you can prioritize your spend and take better advantage of your offers.
To navigate to this feature, open your American Express app and hit “offers” on the bottom of the page. You’ll be brought to the Amex offers page, which will display the map at the top:
Click the map, and the page will load to show all current offers near you. It’s as simple as that!
Check out this post to find out more about some of our favorite hotel offers currently available.
Feature photo by vinnstock /Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees