Why you should be using the Amex Offers map feature
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Raise your hand if you’ve got an Amex card. Now keep it raised if you’ve taken advantage of ever-popular Amex Offers, the limited-time promotions that give you discounts on purchases, bonus points for spend and sometimes even cash back.
While I’d like to say I’m a huge proponent (it is, after all, free money), oftentimes I find myself missing out simply because I’m not aware there’s an offer available.
That’s where the Amex Offers interactive map comes in, which uses your location to show you nearby offers. The app version even includes additional offers not available via desktop.
The map is not limited to your current location, either. Once on the map, you can scroll around the world to see any current offers available anywhere. This can be especially handy if you’re traveling in the near future and want to see what you can get in, say, New York:
Why is this important? Because sometimes scrolling through 100+ offers on your Amex page gets confusing and a little overwhelming. The map allows you to visualize what’s near so you can prioritize your spend and take better advantage of your offers.
To navigate to this feature, open your American Express app and hit “offers” on the bottom of the page. You’ll be brought to the Amex offers page, which will display the map at the top:
Click the map, and the page will load to show all current offers near you. It’s as simple as that!
Check out this post to find out more about some of our favorite hotel offers currently available.
Feature photo by vinnstock /Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy program.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 125,000 Marriott Bonvoy Bonus Points after spending $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer expires 8/31/22.
- 6x points at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy™ program.
- 4x points for purchases made at restaurants worldwide, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping.
- 2x points on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 7% discount off standard rates for reservations of standard guest rooms at hotels that participate in the Marriott Bonvoy program when you book directly. Terms and Conditions Apply.
- Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card renewal month. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel. Certain hotels have resort fees.
- Enjoy Complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status with your Card.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees