Amex Offer: Earn 4,000 Membership Rewards Points After Spending $200 With JetBlue
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
We’ve continually seen great travel deals through American Express’ Amex Offer program — raising the value proposition of being an Amex cardholder even higher. This weekend Amex launched an offer that would net Delta flyers $160 back after spending $800 with the airline.
JetBlue enthusiasts, and even occasional flyers, can easily take advantage of this new deal, where you’ll earn 4,000 Membership Rewards points after spending $200 with the carrier.
That’s worth $76 or nearly a 38% return on a flat $200 in spend. Doctor of Credit also reports of a similar offer where cardholders will receive $40 back after spending $200 with JetBlue.
To earn the bonus points (or cash back), you’ll have to add the offer to an eligible card and make at least one or more transactions that total $200 or more — more simply put, you can make the $200 minimum over more than one transaction. Eligible purchases include buying airline tickets and vacation packages, which must be completed by November 20, 2018.
It excludes purchases from JetBlue Cruises, hotel bookings, car rentals, shopjetblue.com purchases and third party sites selling JetBlue products and in-flight purchases.
While I didn’t see the offer on either of my Business Platinum Card® from American Express or Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express, TPG writer JT Genter found this offer on his Amex EveryDay® Credit Card from American Express.
Remember that Amex Offers are targeted so not everyone will see it in their account. To enroll, log in to your AmericanExpress.com account and scroll down to the “Amex Offers and Benefits” section and click “Add to Card” to card to complete the registration.
Featured image by Robert Alexander/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 75,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,500
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber savings annually (only for use in the U.S.) (Enrollment required for select benefits)
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 75,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $5,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 10x points on eligible purchases on your new Card at U.S. Gas Stations and U.S. Supermarkets, on up to $15,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership. That’s an additional 9 points on top of the 1 point you earn for these purchases.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member and Additional Centurion Cards only.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel. Starting January 1, 2021, earn 5X points on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year.
- 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- Enjoy complimentary access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits through American Express Travel with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts® program at over 1,100 properties. Learn More.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. That’s up to $50 in statement credits semi-annually. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees