Amex Offer: Earn 4,000 Membership Rewards Points After Spending $200 With JetBlue
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
We’ve continually seen great travel deals through American Express’ Amex Offer program — raising the value proposition of being an Amex cardholder even higher. This weekend Amex launched an offer that would net Delta flyers $160 back after spending $800 with the airline.
JetBlue enthusiasts, and even occasional flyers, can easily take advantage of this new deal, where you’ll earn 4,000 Membership Rewards points after spending $200 with the carrier.
That’s worth $76 or nearly a 38% return on a flat $200 in spend. Doctor of Credit also reports of a similar offer where cardholders will receive $40 back after spending $200 with JetBlue.
To earn the bonus points (or cash back), you’ll have to add the offer to an eligible card and make at least one or more transactions that total $200 or more — more simply put, you can make the $200 minimum over more than one transaction. Eligible purchases include buying airline tickets and vacation packages, which must be completed by November 20, 2018.
It excludes purchases from JetBlue Cruises, hotel bookings, car rentals, shopjetblue.com purchases and third party sites selling JetBlue products and in-flight purchases.
While I didn’t see the offer on either of my Business Platinum Card® from American Express or Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express, TPG writer JT Genter found this offer on his Amex EveryDay® Credit Card from American Express.
Remember that Amex Offers are targeted so not everyone will see it in their account. To enroll, log in to your AmericanExpress.com account and scroll down to the “Amex Offers and Benefits” section and click “Add to Card” to card to complete the registration.
Featured image by Robert Alexander/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 100,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $2,000
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber Cash annually (only for use in the U.S.) (Enrollment required for select benefits)
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $6,000 on purchases on the Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Plus, earn 10x points on eligible purchases on the Card at restaurants worldwide and when you Shop Small in the U.S., on up to $25,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- $200 Hotel Credit: Get $200 back in statement credits each year on prepaid Fine Hotels + Resorts® or The Hotel Collection bookings with American Express Travel when you pay with your Platinum Card®.
- $240 Digital Entertainment Credit: Get up to $20 in statement credits each month when you pay for eligible purchases with the Platinum Card® at your choice of one or more of the following providers: Peacock, Audible, SiriusXM, and The New York Times. Enrollment required.
- New! American Express has expanded The Centurion® Network to include 40+ Centurion Lounge and Studio locations worldwide. Now there are even more places your Platinum Card® can get you complimentary entry and exclusive perks.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit: Get up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- $200 Uber Cash: Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status available to Basic Card Member only.
- $300 Equinox Credit: Get up to $25 back each month on select Equinox memberships. Enrollment required.
- $179 CLEAR® Credit: Use your Card and get up to $179 back per year on your CLEAR® membership.
- $695 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees