Amex Offer: Earn 1,000 Amex Membership Rewards Points With Apple Pay
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – The Platinum Card® from American Express
For TPG readers, there aren’t many better ways to start out a Monday than an incredible, easy-to-redeem Amex Offer.
While Apple will soon introduce its own credit card that’s powered by mobile banking, American Express and Apple are encouraging select cardholders to use Apple’s mobile wallet by offering valuable Membership Rewards points after completing a few transactions.
Once you’ve added the offer to your card, you’ll earn 200 Membership Rewards points after making a purchase of $5 or more through Apple Pay. However, you can complete this offer up to 5 times, in the process earning 1,000 Membership Rewards points. Those points are worth $20, according to TPG’s valuations.
What makes this so easy is that you can complete this offer anywhere that takes Apple Pay, think Whole Foods, Dunkin Donuts, Lyft, Starbucks, Best Buy, McDonalds… the list goes on.
Like other Amex Offers, this one is targeted, so it’s possible your card won’t be eligible for the promotion. To take advantage of the deal, you’ll need to add the offer to your card and make all qualifying transactions by Sept. 30. We’ve seen a few other solid Amex Offers recently, like a $40 statement credit after spending $200 at Marriott Hotels or a slew of deals to save on Hilton stays.
To add the offer to your card, log in to your American Express account and scroll down to the “Amex Offers and Benefits” section (you may need to click “Load More” to see the offer). Only TPG Points and Miles Writer JT Genter received the offer, which appeared on the The Amex EveryDay® Credit Card from American Express. However, we are seeing reports of cardholders receiving it on The Platinum Card® from American Express. Amex Offers are limited in how many people can register for them, so even if you don’t plan on using the offer right away, it’s better to add it now to lock in your eligibility since this is likely to be a popular deal.
Featured image courtesy of American Express / YouTube.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.