Amex Offer: Earn 1,000 Amex Membership Rewards Points With Apple Pay
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – The Platinum Card® from American Express
For TPG readers, there aren’t many better ways to start out a Monday than an incredible, easy-to-redeem Amex Offer.
While Apple will soon introduce its own credit card that’s powered by mobile banking, American Express and Apple are encouraging select cardholders to use Apple’s mobile wallet by offering valuable Membership Rewards points after completing a few transactions.
Once you’ve added the offer to your card, you’ll earn 200 Membership Rewards points after making a purchase of $5 or more through Apple Pay. However, you can complete this offer up to 5 times, in the process earning 1,000 Membership Rewards points. Those points are worth $20, according to TPG’s valuations.
What makes this so easy is that you can complete this offer anywhere that takes Apple Pay, think Whole Foods, Dunkin Donuts, Lyft, Starbucks, Best Buy, McDonalds… the list goes on.
Like other Amex Offers, this one is targeted, so it’s possible your card won’t be eligible for the promotion. To take advantage of the deal, you’ll need to add the offer to your card and make all qualifying transactions by Sept. 30. We’ve seen a few other solid Amex Offers recently, like a $40 statement credit after spending $200 at Marriott Hotels or a slew of deals to save on Hilton stays.
To add the offer to your card, log in to your American Express account and scroll down to the “Amex Offers and Benefits” section (you may need to click “Load More” to see the offer). Only TPG Points and Miles Writer JT Genter received the offer, which appeared on the The Amex EveryDay® Credit Card from American Express. However, we are seeing reports of cardholders receiving it on The Platinum Card® from American Express. Amex Offers are limited in how many people can register for them, so even if you don’t plan on using the offer right away, it’s better to add it now to lock in your eligibility since this is likely to be a popular deal.
Featured image courtesy of American Express / YouTube.
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee