American now has an Admiral’s Club in every DFW terminal
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Airlines is the largest operator at Dallas/Fort Worth with flights leaving from all five of the airport’s terminals.
Until Tuesday, AA passengers traveling through Terminal E would have to go to a different part of the airport to cool their jets in an Admirals Club.
And, because everything is bigger in Texas, that could be quite the haul. The airport is extremely expansive, and getting between terminals can involve a lengthy commute on the airport’s Skylink train.
But now, American has a lounge in every one of DFW’s terminals.
“Starting today, Dallas Fort Worth offers customers access to an Admirals Club in every terminal of the airport,” Leah Rubertino, a spokeswoman for the airline, said in an email. “The newest lounge, opening in Terminal E, expands lounge services to regional customers traveling through DFW’s recently redeveloped satellite terminal.”
Although Terminal E is one of the oldest at DFW, the Admiral’s Club wasn’t added until its satellite was built. The new lounge was added along with extra gates, which began operations in May. It primarily serves flights operated by American’s regional affiliates.
American operates more than 900 flights at DFW every day, which accounts for 84% of the airport’s total traffic.
As the airline industry has returned to profitability, lounges play an increasingly important role. Premium customers have come to expect lounges in key destinations, and as one of the busiest airports in the U.S., DFW has seen a slate of new lounges in recent years.
Underscoring the demand, DFW’s Amex Centurion Lounge, for example, was routinely at capacity within weeks of opening a new, expanded 12,500-square-foot facility that was already larger than the 9,000-square-foot Centurion Lounge space it replaced.
Another notable new lounge opening at DFW came in May 2019, when American unveiled its Flagship First lounge at the hub. Located in Terminal D, that lounge is American’s premium lounge offering that augments its standard Admirals Clubs.
Featured image courtesy of American Airlines.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.