American Airlines Celebrating Final MD-80 Flight With Personalized Retro Boarding Passes
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Unable to get a seat on the final flight of American’s MD-80? While the flight is still fully booked, fans of the McDonnell Douglass MD-80 can celebrate the end of an era with their own personalized retro boarding pass. The boarding pass template features flight details, seat number and smoking preference. The vintage boarding pass can be downloaded via this link.
The retro boarding passes go back to the 1980s, when the MD-80 entered service. American Airlines first took delivery of the McDonnell Douglas MD-80 series in 1983. The MD-80 would become the backbone of the airline’s domestic route network throughout the 1980s, 90s and 2000s.
To personalize your commemorative boarding pass, open the image in any photo editing program, such as the default Mac Preview program. TPG personalized our boarding pass using Google Drive’s Drawing program, a free basic photo editing feature available to anyone with Google account. Then, add a text box to complete each of the fields.
American Airlines will operate the airline’s final passenger flight of the McDonnell Douglas MD-80 on September 4. The flight, American Airlines flight AA80, will depart Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW) at 9 a.m., arriving in Chicago at 11:35 a.m. While your personalized boarding pass won’t get you through security, you’ll still have something to remember the occasion.
Featured image by Etienne DE MALGLAIVE / Contributor
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees