American Airlines expands Caribbean reach with Silver codeshare
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Airlines is expanding its Caribbean map under a new codeshare agreement with Silver Airways.
The Oneworld alliance carrier will place its “AA” code on more than 180 flights Silver operates in the Caribbean from its San Juan (SJU) base, the regional carrier said Wednesday. The agreement replaces one American had with Seaborne Airlines, which Silver acquired in 2018.
The codeshare includes flights between San Juan and Dominica, Tortola, St. Thomas and St. Croix. American does not otherwise serve Dominica and Tortola, according to Cirium schedules.
American serves San Juan, which it once considered a hub, from Charlotte (CLT), Chicago O’Hare (ORD), Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW), Miami (MIA) and Philadelphia (PHL).
Earlier this month, Silver announced a new codeshare agreement with Delta Air Lines covering flights from its San Juan base. The regional airline also codeshares with JetBlue Airways and United Airlines.
Featured image by Silver Airways.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.