Fast-growing budget carrier Allegiant adds 9 new routes
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Allegiant Air remains in expansion mode, with the fast-growing budget carrier adding nine new seasonal routes to its summer schedule.
The airline’s Las Vegas (LAS) base is getting six of the routes announced Tuesday while San Diego (SAN) will get three. Those cities share one of the new routes, with San Diego-Las Vegas nonstops set to begin June 3.
The ninth route announced by Allegiant on Tuesday will give Bloomington/Normal, Illinois (BMI), nonstop service to the carrier’s Florida Panhandle base at Destin/Fort Walton Beach (VPS).
“With summer quickly approaching, we know that many leisure travelers are looking to secure their vacation plans,” Drew Wells, Allegiant’s vice president of planning and revenue, said in a statement. “These new routes expand our network of affordable, convenient flights and offer vacationers nonstop access to even more popular destinations for their summer adventures.”
The service expansion will more than double the number of nonstop routes that Allegiant offers from San Diego, from where the carrier will now fly to 10 destinations either seasonally or year-round.
The San Diego-Las Vegas schedule will feature six weekly flights, but all of others will operate twice weekly.
Tuesday’s announcement comes less than a month after a three-city, 44-route expansion that Allegiant billed as the single-largest growth spurt in its history.
That expansion saw Allegiant push into three new major U.S. markets – Boston, Chicago and Houston – while also adding multiple new routes in a dozen others. Nashville (9 new routes); Destin/Fort Walton Beach (5); and Savannah, Georgia (5), were among the biggest winners in that announcement.
Scroll down for the full list of routes announced by Allegiant on Tuesday.
San Diego (SAN)
Billings, Montana (BIL): Begins June 4, two flights a week (seasonal)
Idaho Falls, Idaho (IDA): Begins June 5, two flights a week (seasonal)
Las Vegas (LAS): Begins June 3, six flights a week (seasonal)
Medford, Oregon (MFR): Begins June 4, two flights a week (seasonal)
Sioux Falls, South Dakota (FSD): Begins June 5, two flights a week (seasonal)
Tulsa, Oklahoma (TUL): Begins June 3, two flights a week (seasonal)
Las Vegas McCarran (LAS)
Fort Wayne, Indiana (FWA): Begins June 4, two flights a week (seasonal)
San Diego (SAN): Begins June 3, two flights a week (seasonal)
Tucson, Arizona (TUS): Begins June 5, two flights a week (seasonal)
Destin/Fort Walton Beach, Florida (VPS)
Bloomington/Normal, Illinois (BMI): Begins June 4, two flights a week (seasonal)
Featured photo by FG/Bauer-Griffin/GC Images
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.