Fast-growing budget carrier Allegiant adds 9 new routes
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Allegiant Air remains in expansion mode, with the fast-growing budget carrier adding nine new seasonal routes to its summer schedule.
The airline’s Las Vegas (LAS) base is getting six of the routes announced Tuesday while San Diego (SAN) will get three. Those cities share one of the new routes, with San Diego-Las Vegas nonstops set to begin June 3.
The ninth route announced by Allegiant on Tuesday will give Bloomington/Normal, Illinois (BMI), nonstop service to the carrier’s Florida Panhandle base at Destin/Fort Walton Beach (VPS).
“With summer quickly approaching, we know that many leisure travelers are looking to secure their vacation plans,” Drew Wells, Allegiant’s vice president of planning and revenue, said in a statement. “These new routes expand our network of affordable, convenient flights and offer vacationers nonstop access to even more popular destinations for their summer adventures.”
The service expansion will more than double the number of nonstop routes that Allegiant offers from San Diego, from where the carrier will now fly to 10 destinations either seasonally or year-round.
The San Diego-Las Vegas schedule will feature six weekly flights, but all of others will operate twice weekly.
Tuesday’s announcement comes less than a month after a three-city, 44-route expansion that Allegiant billed as the single-largest growth spurt in its history.
That expansion saw Allegiant push into three new major U.S. markets – Boston, Chicago and Houston – while also adding multiple new routes in a dozen others. Nashville (9 new routes); Destin/Fort Walton Beach (5); and Savannah, Georgia (5), were among the biggest winners in that announcement.
Scroll down for the full list of routes announced by Allegiant on Tuesday.
San Diego (SAN)
Billings, Montana (BIL): Begins June 4, two flights a week (seasonal)
Idaho Falls, Idaho (IDA): Begins June 5, two flights a week (seasonal)
Las Vegas (LAS): Begins June 3, six flights a week (seasonal)
Medford, Oregon (MFR): Begins June 4, two flights a week (seasonal)
Sioux Falls, South Dakota (FSD): Begins June 5, two flights a week (seasonal)
Tulsa, Oklahoma (TUL): Begins June 3, two flights a week (seasonal)
Las Vegas McCarran (LAS)
Fort Wayne, Indiana (FWA): Begins June 4, two flights a week (seasonal)
San Diego (SAN): Begins June 3, two flights a week (seasonal)
Tucson, Arizona (TUS): Begins June 5, two flights a week (seasonal)
Destin/Fort Walton Beach, Florida (VPS)
Bloomington/Normal, Illinois (BMI): Begins June 4, two flights a week (seasonal)
Featured photo by FG/Bauer-Griffin/GC Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees