This Airline’s Kids’ Menu Puts Plane Food to Shame
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airplane food: you either love it or hate it. Lufthansa Airlines is trying to get kids to err on the side of loving it by offering meals created by chef Alexander Herrmann of his eponymous Michelin-starred restaurant. You read that right, Michelin-starred quality for the kids’ menu.
The airline even brought kids in to help create the new menu and test out the new plates, so it’s officially been kid-approved.
These new meals will be flying the skies as soon as July 1. Lufthansa passengers will be able to pre-order these special meals for kids 12 and under on long-haul international flights and some longer European flights. To make sure that your kiddos will be fine-dining, you’ll have to make sure to order at least 24 hours prior to departure. Oh, and good news? There’s no additional cost for these special meals.
As a member of the 12+ club, I’m a little jealous of these kids meals. Where’s the love for the big kids?!
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.