Air France Adds Live TV to Select Flights as Fleetwide Wi-Fi Expansion Continues
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As Air France continues to expand connectivity across its fleet, passengers aboard all medium-haul routes will notice a new entertainment option: live TV. If you board an Air France flight with Wi-Fi installed (signaled by the presence of Air France Connect), you may find a new live TV option in the entertainment portal.
Per a news release from the airline, complimentary access to the France 24 live feed “is available on all Air France medium-haul flights equipped with Air France Connect,” with streams available in both French and English. That’s in addition to Wi-Fi access, films, TV series, documentaries, music and Audible audiobooks. You will, however, need your own smartphone or tablet to view any of the aforementioned content. France24 is a news and current affairs network based in France but directed at an international audience.
On its long-haul flights, Air France also offers customers a selection of France 24 documentaries and programs as part of its inflight entertainment offer accessible from individual seatback screens. The France 24 channel is also broadcast live in most Air France-KLM airport lounges in French, English and Arabic.
Air France says it wants to have a fully-connected fleet by end 2020, and continues to roll out Wi-Fi on its medium- and long-haul aircraft. To date, 50 aircraft have been equipped (35 long-haul and 15 short and medium-haul aircraft), and at the end of this year, half of the medium- and long-haul fleets will be connected.
Featured image courtesy of Air France.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees