Air France Upgrades Wi-Fi With Free Messaging on Its A330s
Looks like redesigned Economy and Premium Economy cabins won’t be the only new element coming to Air France’s A330s. The airline has today launched its new in-flight Wi-Fi offering, dubbed Air France Connect, which adds free messaging and supports use across three devices (smartphone, tablet and computer).
Air France Connect is live now on the carrier’s Wi-Fi equipped aircraft. By the end of 2018, it’ll be available on 22 long-haul aircraft and eight short- and medium-haul aircraft, with an aim of equipping the entire fleet by the end of 2020.
The free Message pass allows passengers to send and receive Whatsapp, Facebook Messenger, iMessage and WeChat messages free of charge on their smartphone or tablet throughout the flight.
The Surf pass is designed for non-streaming internet activities – things like emails, crossword puzzles, and soaking up the latest travel tips from The Points Guy. Pricing is set at €3 for short-haul flights, €5 for medium-haul flights, and €8 (2,700 miles) for one hour or €18 (6,000 Miles) for the entire duration of the trip on long-haul flights.
For those who need even more bandwidth, there’s the Stream pass. It’s available on all long-haul flights, and includes all the benefits of the Message pass and the Surf pass. Additionally, Air France asserts that the Stream pass allows passengers to “benefit from a high speed internet connection to enjoy streaming and downloading throughout the flight for €30 (10,000 Miles).”
In terms of future plans, we’re told that Connect will “gradually be extended to offer customers additional services and entertainment such as detailed flight information, shopping and a wide selection of films, TV series and documentaries to watch free of charge on their smartphone or tablet.”
To take advantage, look for the “AirFranceCONNECT” network once onboard, where you can pay for the higher-tier services via Visa, Mastercard, American Express, PayPal or FlyingBlue Miles.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees