Accor and Hoxton unite to create a new family of boutique hotels
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Europe’s largest hotel brand, Accor, has struck a deal with London-based hospitality owner and developer Ennismore to form a group of hotel and hospitality brands.
The new entity will take the name Ennismore and will serve as the “umbrella” group for the following brands: The Hoxton, Gleneagles, Delano, SLS, Mondrian, SO/, Hyde, Mama Shelter, 25Hours, 21c Museum Hotels, Tribe, Jo&Joe and WorkingFrom_, a coworking brand by The Hoxton.
Accor also announced in a press release that it would take “full ownership” of sbe hotel brands, which includes the Delano, SLS, Mondrian and Hyde brands, allowing for a neater integration of the brands that will make up the new Ennismore group.
Two-thirds of the group will be owned by Accor, while Ennismore’s founder Sharan Pasricha will own the remainder. Mr. Pasricha will serve as co-CEO with Gaurav Bhushan, Accor’s chief development officer, as reported by the Financial Times.
This venture reflects a larger shift in the industry where hotel companies are looking at ways to earn more revenue from other sources besides people spending nights in hotel rooms. This pattern began to take hold before the pandemic, but it’s certainly accelerated since COVID-19 as hotels have faced record-low levels of occupancy and revenue.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our free daily newsletter.
Considering the brands that will make up the new Ennismore group, it’s easy to see this trend playing out in real-time. Many of the hotels — especially with brands like The Hoxton, SLS and Mama Shelter — serve in their communities as a gathering spot for locals in addition to visitors. This is achieved by creating appealing common spaces with bars, restaurants, pools and more that act as attractions in their own right.
According to a press release, the new group will have 73 hotels across 12 brands on day one, with a further 110 future hotels committed, 70 in negotiations and about 150 restaurants and bars. And, the new group will “benefit from an in-house global creative studio, designing award-winning interiors and brand communication; an expert digital and technology team innovating the guest experience; and a team of restaurant and bar specialists crafting unique concepts rooted in their neighborhoods,” according to the release.
There’s no word yet on whether the hotels in the newly formed group will participate in Accor’s ALL – Accor Live Limitless loyalty program but there’s a good chance they will, given Accor’s majority ownership in the new venture and the fact that many of the properties already do.
Per the press release, the merger is expected to close in the first half of 2021, subject to regulatory approvals.
Featured image of the SLS Baha Mar by Melanie Lieberman/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees