Accor partners with x.labs for COVID-19 testing across US and Canada
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Starting this month, you can get an at-home COVID-19 test in advance of your stay at all Accor-managed hotels in the U.S. and Canada.
If you have travel plans to one of the hotel chain’s properties in North America, you can take advantage of this new partnership with the x.labs, which uses digital healthcare technologies to provide COVID-19 testing for guests.
Get the latest points, miles and travel news by signing up for TPG’s free daily newsletter.
Prior to check-in at an Accor property, you can purchase a PreCheck PCR testing kit from x.labs via a special cobranded website. The kit includes a mobile app download, symptom survey, FDA-approved Bluetooth smart thermometer and FDA-authorized COVID-19 self-collection diagnostic PCR test. The test turnaround is pretty fast: we’re told you get results in just 24 to 48 hours.
According to Accor, “Through this site only, testing kits are available at no cost for U.S. residents, through insurance providers and the Families First Coronavirus Response Act, the Health Care Enhancement Act, and the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act.”
Meeting planners can also use this partnership as a solution to ease some concerns around group travel. Meeting organizers can connect with an Accor concierge at x.labs to coordinate at-home PCR PreCheck diagnostic testing kits for their attendees (antigen tests are also available with the support of a local medical professional for on-site testing).
Depending on the requirements you set for your meeting, you can track things like negative PCR test results and temperature checks on the x.labs READY App to see who is cleared for attendance.
According to Accor, pre-arrival testing is just the next step in its program to keep its guests and employees safe from COVID-19. It’s part of the brand’s ALLSAFE hygiene and cleanliness prevention initiative that includes a partnership with AXA to provide free access to telemedicine to guests across the 5,000 Accor hotels worldwide.
Accor’s new pre-arrival at-home testing options and everything under the ALLSAFE umbrella is good news for Accor Limitless Live members and anyone who is looking for ways to travel safely during the pandemic. This sort of pre-arrival testing could be the key to family reunions, friend get-togethers and business meetings in 2021.
Featured image courtesy of Fairmont Château Lake Louise
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees