This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As summer begins winding down, airline shopping portals are taking advantage of the back-to-school season with promotional offers. Between Monday and July 26, 2018, at 11:59pm ET, you can earn up to 1,500 bonus American Airlines AAdvantage miles when you make purchases through the carrier’s online shopping portal.
Here’s how it works: The more you spend through the AAdvantage shopping portal during the promotional period, the more bonus miles you’ll earn:
- If you spend $150 or more, you’ll earn 500 bonus AAdvantage miles
- If you spend $350 or more, you’ll earn 1,500 bonus AAdvantage miles
These bonuses are in addition to the miles you’ll earn per dollar spent through the shopping portal. The number of bonus miles you earn will depend on the cumulative total of purchases you make during the promotional period. So, if you make four purchases of $100 each, all during the promotional period, you’ll get the 1,500 bonus miles. Based on TPG’s most recent valuations, the maximum 1,500-mile bonus is worth $21.
Shopping portals are one of the best ways to earn bonus airline miles without actually having to fly. If you know you’ll be making an online purchase, be sure to make it directly through a shopping portal in order to earn the bonus miles — especially when there are promotions like this back-to-school offer from American Airlines.
Featured image by Juha Remes / Getty Images.
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees