Earn up to 1,500 Bonus Miles With American Airlines AAdvantage Shopping
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As summer begins winding down, airline shopping portals are taking advantage of the back-to-school season with promotional offers. Between Monday and July 26, 2018, at 11:59pm ET, you can earn up to 1,500 bonus American Airlines AAdvantage miles when you make purchases through the carrier’s online shopping portal.
Here’s how it works: The more you spend through the AAdvantage shopping portal during the promotional period, the more bonus miles you’ll earn:
- If you spend $150 or more, you’ll earn 500 bonus AAdvantage miles
- If you spend $350 or more, you’ll earn 1,500 bonus AAdvantage miles
These bonuses are in addition to the miles you’ll earn per dollar spent through the shopping portal. The number of bonus miles you earn will depend on the cumulative total of purchases you make during the promotional period. So, if you make four purchases of $100 each, all during the promotional period, you’ll get the 1,500 bonus miles. Based on TPG’s most recent valuations, the maximum 1,500-mile bonus is worth $21.
Shopping portals are one of the best ways to earn bonus airline miles without actually having to fly. If you know you’ll be making an online purchase, be sure to make it directly through a shopping portal in order to earn the bonus miles — especially when there are promotions like this back-to-school offer from American Airlines.
Featured image by Juha Remes / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.