Get up to 75k AA Miles With This Increased Barclaycard Aviator Business Offer
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Airlines AAdvantage is one of the few major loyalty programs (along with Marriott Bonvoy) to have cobranded credit cards from two separate issuers — in this case, Barclaycard and Citi. Citi recently raised the welcome bonus on two of its AAdvantage credit cards, and now, perhaps in honor of Small Business Week, Barclaycard is offering a great increased bonus on the Barclaycard AAdvantage Aviator Business Mastercard.
For a limited time only, new applicants can earn up to 75,000 bonus AAdvantage miles, worth $1,050 based on TPG’s latest valuations.
The bonus is broken into two tiers, with the first 65,000 miles being awarded after you spend $1,000 in the first 90 days and the last 10,000 miles being awarded after you add an employee card within the first 30 days and make a single purchase on an employee card within the first 90 days. The previous bonus offer was for 60,000 miles after making a single purchase (of any amount) and paying the card’s $95 annual fee, so this offer is clearly an improvement even though it now requires $1,000 in spending.
With the Aviator Business Mastercard, you’ll earn 2 AAdvantage miles per dollar spent with American Airlines and at eligible office supply, telecom and car rental merchants. The card earns 1 mile per dollar everywhere else. Depending on how much you spend each year on the card, you might be able to fully offset the annual fee thanks to the 5% annual mileage bonus.
High-spending businesses will enjoy receiving a companion certificate each year after spending $30,000, and $3,000 Elite Qualifying Dollars toward AAdvantage elite status after spending $25,000 a year. You’ll also enjoy a free checked bag for you and up to four companions when traveling on domestic AA itineraries, preferred boarding and 25% inflight savings.
While Barclaycard hasn’t put a formal end date on this offer, it’s clear that this elevated bonus won’t be around forever. If you’re looking to stock up on AAdvantage miles for a great partner redemption on Etihad, Cathay Pacific or Japan Airlines (and get free cards for your employees in the process), this might be the perfect card for you.
Featured photo by Robert Alexander/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.