Today Only: Get 5,000 Points for Booking a Choice Hotels Stay
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Choice Hotels is currently running a Members Only Madness week with a new deal each day. Monday’s deal offered a 25% discount when purchasing Choice points, bringing the purchase price to just 0.825 cents per point. Although Monday’s deal will be live through Nov. 26, there’s a new deal on Tuesday that’s certainly worth considering.
Tuesday’s deal is simple: Get 5,000 Choice points for booking a stay on Tuesday and checking in by Dec. 31. TPG’s latest valuation pegs the value of these points at $30. Check out the promotion on Choice’s website here.
To earn the 5,000 bonus points, you’ll need to:
- Register for the promotion
- Book a stay on Choice Hotels website or app by Nov. 13 at 11:59pm MST. I’d recommend the secret booking site so you’ll earn 1,000 additional bonus points.
- Check in by Dec. 31.
Most stays that are eligible to earn Choice Privileges points qualify, but the following are excluded:
Rooms booked at rates below $40 USD per night, certain hotel initiated promotions, reward night stays, complimentary rooms, rooms paid for as part of a convention or meeting, rooms booked through a travel agent or third party online retailer including online travel agencies, wholesale packages, group tours, and stays booked using the employee discount or the friends, family and associate discount
After completing a qualifying stay with arrival by Dec. 31, you’ll receive 5,000 Choice Privileges bonus points. These bonus points should post within 72 hours of checkout at domestic properties and within 20 days of checkout at international properties. This promotion is only available to US residents and is technically only open to Choice Privileges members that received the promotional email. But, if you’re a US-based Choice Privileges member, it’s worth trying to register even if you don’t think you received the email.
Check your schedule for the rest of the year tonight. If there’s an opportunity to stay at Choice property before the end of the year, be sure to register for the promotion and then book tonight using the secret booking site so you’ll get 6,000 Choice bonus points — 5,000 points from the promotion and 1,000 points from using the secret website.
Featured photo of La Posada Lodge & Casitas, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member courtesy of Choice Hotels.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.