This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Choice is currently offering a Book. Spin. Win. promotion. Through the game, you can obtain a spin for bonus points by either booking and completing a qualifying stay with checkin by Feb. 15 using the Choice app, or by using a no-purchase-necessary method. The promotion ends on Feb. 15 or when the prizes have been depleted. You can only spin once during the promotion.
Choice will award up to 69,900,000 Choice Privileges points during the promotion, which TPG’s latest valuations peg at being worth $419,400. The points will be awarded as follows:
- 3,000 points: up to 2,000 players (1%)
2,000 points: up to 5,000 players (3%)
1,000 points: up to 10,000 players (6%)
500 points: up to 15,000 players (9%)
400 points: up to 25,000 players (15%)
300 points: up to 48,000 players (29%)
200 points: up to 60,000 players (36%)
The most you’ll possibly win is 3,000 points, which are worth $18 based on TPG’s latest valuations. So, it’s definitely not worth going out of your way to stay at a Choice property just to satisfy this promotion. But if you’re going to stay at a Choice property, make sure to book using Choice’s secret site to get 1,000 extra points.
After submitting the form you’ll get to spin the wheel.
I got 500 Choice points, which are worth $3 based on TPG’s latest valuations.
Although the return may be relatively limited, it doesn’t take long to fill out the form. So, you might as well collect a few additional Choice points. Earning these points could help you extend the expiration date on your points or top-up your balance for a New Year’s Eve award night.
Featured image of the La Posada Lodge & Casitas, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member courtesy of Choice Hotels.
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees