This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Starwood Preferred Guest is incentivizing members to utilize its mobile check-in service by offering bonus Starpoints. Through June 15, 2018, you can earn 250 Starpoints per check-in via the mobile app at select brands.
The promotion for 250 bonus Starpoints only applies to stays at St. Regis, The Luxury Collection, Sheraton, Westin, Le Meridien, Tribute Portfolio and Four Points brands. The terms and conditions state that there’s no limit to the number of Starpoints you can earn as part of this promotion.
Based on TPG’s most recent valuations, the 250 bonus Starpoints are worth about $7. While that’s not a crazy return, for doing a simple task it’s better than nothing. Plus, if you’re able to maximize that earning and check in with the mobile app for a number of stays, the 250 Starpoints for each could add up quickly. Starwood says that bonus Starpoints will be awarded to members within a couple weeks of the promotion ending on June 15.
Mobile check-in is a feature that SPG’s been rolling out. It’s available exclusively on the SPG app (available via the App Store and Google Play) and for those who have booked their stays directly with SPG on its website or the app. About 48 to 72 hours before your stay, you’ll be asked if you want to use mobile check-in. On the day of arrival, you’ll be sent a notification when your room is ready and a key is waiting at the front desk.
H/T: View From the Wing
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees