This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Starwood Preferred Guest is incentivizing members to utilize its mobile check-in service by offering bonus Starpoints. Through June 15, 2018, you can earn 250 Starpoints per check-in via the mobile app at select brands.
The promotion for 250 bonus Starpoints only applies to stays at St. Regis, The Luxury Collection, Sheraton, Westin, Le Meridien, Tribute Portfolio and Four Points brands. The terms and conditions state that there’s no limit to the number of Starpoints you can earn as part of this promotion.
Based on TPG’s most recent valuations, the 250 bonus Starpoints are worth about $7. While that’s not a crazy return, for doing a simple task it’s better than nothing. Plus, if you’re able to maximize that earning and check in with the mobile app for a number of stays, the 250 Starpoints for each could add up quickly. Starwood says that bonus Starpoints will be awarded to members within a couple weeks of the promotion ending on June 15.
Mobile check-in is a feature that SPG’s been rolling out. It’s available exclusively on the SPG app (available via the App Store and Google Play) and for those who have booked their stays directly with SPG on its website or the app. About 48 to 72 hours before your stay, you’ll be asked if you want to use mobile check-in. On the day of arrival, you’ll be sent a notification when your room is ready and a key is waiting at the front desk.
H/T: View From the Wing
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Aside from the 75,000 points welcome bonus, Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Get one year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork. With this membership, you can access 300+ premium, inspiring workspaces in 75+ cities. To get this exclusive offer, enroll between 2/15/2019 and 12/31/2019.
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees