This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Starwood Preferred Guest is incentivizing members to utilize its mobile check-in service by offering bonus Starpoints. Through June 15, 2018, you can earn 250 Starpoints per check-in via the mobile app at select brands.
The promotion for 250 bonus Starpoints only applies to stays at St. Regis, The Luxury Collection, Sheraton, Westin, Le Meridien, Tribute Portfolio and Four Points brands. The terms and conditions state that there’s no limit to the number of Starpoints you can earn as part of this promotion.
Based on TPG’s most recent valuations, the 250 bonus Starpoints are worth about $7. While that’s not a crazy return, for doing a simple task it’s better than nothing. Plus, if you’re able to maximize that earning and check in with the mobile app for a number of stays, the 250 Starpoints for each could add up quickly. Starwood says that bonus Starpoints will be awarded to members within a couple weeks of the promotion ending on June 15.
Mobile check-in is a feature that SPG’s been rolling out. It’s available exclusively on the SPG app (available via the App Store and Google Play) and for those who have booked their stays directly with SPG on its website or the app. About 48 to 72 hours before your stay, you’ll be asked if you want to use mobile check-in. On the day of arrival, you’ll be sent a notification when your room is ready and a key is waiting at the front desk.
H/T: View From the Wing
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards