Starwood Preferred Guest Introducing Mobile Check-In
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update 6/1/17 1:15pm: At launch, mobile check-in will be available at 22 properties, not 23. The Westin New York at Times Square will not have mobile check-in available as of today.
Beginning today, Starwood Preferred Guest is making the check-in process at some of its properties more seamless, launching mobile check-in at 23 properties in the US. The chain plans to continue to roll out the service to more properties throughout the year, including international hotels in July. SPG expects full deployment for mobile check-in by the end of 2017.
In order to use SPG mobile check-in (at the 23 select properties, for now), you must have booked your stay through the mobile app or the SPG website and have the app downloaded on your phone. About 48-72 hours before your stay, you’ll get a notification asking if you want to check in using the app. If you choose to do so, on the day of arrival, you’ll get an alert that your room key is waiting at the front desk. Once you arrive, you can head right to the front desk and pick up your room key, which is already pre-coded with your room information. Plus, you can also choose to check out using the app and have your folio emailed to you.
The 23 properties that will be the first to roll out mobile check-in on the SPG app include:
- Four Points by Sheraton Boston Logan Airport
- Four Points by Sheraton Wakefield Boston Hotel & Conference Center
- The Liberty, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Boston
- Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel
- Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport Hotel
- Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel
- Sheraton Reston Hotel
- The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport
- The Westin Reston Heights
- The Westin Washington Dulles Airport
- Four Points by Sheraton Downtown Seattle Center
- Four Points by Sheraton Seattle Airport South
- The Gwen, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Chicago
- Le Méridien Arlington
- Sheraton Denver Tech Center Hotel
- Sheraton Fisherman’s Wharf Hotel
- Avenue of the Arts Costa Mesa, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel
- The Westin Bonaventure Hotel and Suites
- Sheraton Seattle Hotel
- The St. Regis Aspen Resort
- The Westin New York at Times Square
- The Westin Copley Place
- Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina
Starwood is in the midst of merging with Marriott. Following Marriott’s bid to acquire Starwood, the two loyalty programs, SPG and Marriott Rewards, have begun the merger process, including a status match, the ability to transfer points and much more. Marriott already has mobile check-in at its properties, which it launched in 2013. Now, the chain’s extending the feature to Westin, Sheraton, St. Regis, Four Points, Le Meridien, Tribute Portfolio and The Luxury Collection properties.
The SPG app already offers members keyless entry into rooms at all Aloft, Element and W hotels. Soon, travelers staying at select SPG properties will be able to use their mobile device to both check in to their room and open the door. In addition, 500 Marriott and Ritz-Carlton properties will offer travelers the same keyless entry by this year.
Next up for SPG mobile, the option for members to make requests via the app. That request feature is already available at 4,000 Marriott hotels and the entire Ritz-Carlton portfolio. The feature will allow members to make requests from a drop-down menu of the most requested services and text with hotel associates before, during and after their stays.
Featured image courtesy of The Liberty, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Boston.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees