Starwood Preferred Guest Introducing Mobile Check-In
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update 6/1/17 1:15pm: At launch, mobile check-in will be available at 22 properties, not 23. The Westin New York at Times Square will not have mobile check-in available as of today.
Beginning today, Starwood Preferred Guest is making the check-in process at some of its properties more seamless, launching mobile check-in at 23 properties in the US. The chain plans to continue to roll out the service to more properties throughout the year, including international hotels in July. SPG expects full deployment for mobile check-in by the end of 2017.
In order to use SPG mobile check-in (at the 23 select properties, for now), you must have booked your stay through the mobile app or the SPG website and have the app downloaded on your phone. About 48-72 hours before your stay, you’ll get a notification asking if you want to check in using the app. If you choose to do so, on the day of arrival, you’ll get an alert that your room key is waiting at the front desk. Once you arrive, you can head right to the front desk and pick up your room key, which is already pre-coded with your room information. Plus, you can also choose to check out using the app and have your folio emailed to you.
The 23 properties that will be the first to roll out mobile check-in on the SPG app include:
- Four Points by Sheraton Boston Logan Airport
- Four Points by Sheraton Wakefield Boston Hotel & Conference Center
- The Liberty, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Boston
- Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel
- Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport Hotel
- Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel
- Sheraton Reston Hotel
- The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport
- The Westin Reston Heights
- The Westin Washington Dulles Airport
- Four Points by Sheraton Downtown Seattle Center
- Four Points by Sheraton Seattle Airport South
- The Gwen, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Chicago
- Le Méridien Arlington
- Sheraton Denver Tech Center Hotel
- Sheraton Fisherman’s Wharf Hotel
- Avenue of the Arts Costa Mesa, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel
- The Westin Bonaventure Hotel and Suites
- Sheraton Seattle Hotel
- The St. Regis Aspen Resort
- The Westin New York at Times Square
- The Westin Copley Place
- Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina
Starwood is in the midst of merging with Marriott. Following Marriott’s bid to acquire Starwood, the two loyalty programs, SPG and Marriott Rewards, have begun the merger process, including a status match, the ability to transfer points and much more. Marriott already has mobile check-in at its properties, which it launched in 2013. Now, the chain’s extending the feature to Westin, Sheraton, St. Regis, Four Points, Le Meridien, Tribute Portfolio and The Luxury Collection properties.
The SPG app already offers members keyless entry into rooms at all Aloft, Element and W hotels. Soon, travelers staying at select SPG properties will be able to use their mobile device to both check in to their room and open the door. In addition, 500 Marriott and Ritz-Carlton properties will offer travelers the same keyless entry by this year.
Next up for SPG mobile, the option for members to make requests via the app. That request feature is already available at 4,000 Marriott hotels and the entire Ritz-Carlton portfolio. The feature will allow members to make requests from a drop-down menu of the most requested services and text with hotel associates before, during and after their stays.
Featured image courtesy of The Liberty, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Boston.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.