15 Passengers Injured After Severe Turbulence Rocks Miami Flight
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Fifteen passengers were injured on board an Aerolineas Argentinas flight from Miami (MIA) to Buenos Aires (EZE) on Thursday. Eight of those passengers were taken to the hospital upon arrival at EZE for further treatment of their injuries.
The 192 people on board Aerolineas Argentinas Flight 1303 reportedly experienced severe turbulence as the Airbus A330 aircraft encountered rough airspace over Brazil.
Pictures of the chaotic aftermath of the rocked flight show the aircraft cabin in complete disarray: Tray tables, catering items and passengers’ personal belongings litter the cabin floor, and passengers appear shaken up after the incident.
— Breaking Aviation News (@breakingavnews) October 19, 2018
Passengers reportedly suffered injuries like nosebleeds and bruising. Despite the plane’s severe tremors, the flight continued on its path to Buenos Aires, where it landed safely. Aerolineas Argentinas told The Daily Mail that the turbulence occurred during while the plane was in the “cruise” portion of the flight. The carrier says cabin crew assisted injured passengers on board before the plane landed and flyers could get further medical attention.
Injuries from severe turbulence are not uncommon on flights (that’s why it’s so important to always have your seatbelt fastened while sitting). A similar rough air situation occurred last month on a Volaris flight to Tijuana, injuring dozens of passengers. And in March, a plane full of passengers caught in rough air from an impending Nor’easter all became airsick from the plane’s rocking in the violent winds.
Featured image by Oscar Munoz via Twitter.
WELCOME OFFER: 30,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: up to $100 annual CLEAR statement credit, up to $100 annual LoungeBuddy statement credit, 3x points on travel and transit, 3x points on restaurants worldwide
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 30,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on all eligible travel, from subway swipes and window seats to hotel stays and city tours.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points at restaurants worldwide.
- Receive up to $100 per year in statement credits when you use the American Express® Green Card to pay for your CLEAR® membership at select airports and stadiums across the U.S. and Permissible Biometric Scanning Technology terms: eye scanning, irises scanning and fingerprints scanning.
- Use the American Express® Green Card to purchase lounge access through LoungeBuddy to any of the lounges in the LoungeBuddy network – no memberships, elite statuses, or first class tickets required. Earn up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year on your LoungeBuddy purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $150 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees