15 Passengers Injured After Severe Turbulence Rocks Miami Flight
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Fifteen passengers were injured on board an Aerolineas Argentinas flight from Miami (MIA) to Buenos Aires (EZE) on Thursday. Eight of those passengers were taken to the hospital upon arrival at EZE for further treatment of their injuries.
The 192 people on board Aerolineas Argentinas Flight 1303 reportedly experienced severe turbulence as the Airbus A330 aircraft encountered rough airspace over Brazil.
Pictures of the chaotic aftermath of the rocked flight show the aircraft cabin in complete disarray: Tray tables, catering items and passengers’ personal belongings litter the cabin floor, and passengers appear shaken up after the incident.
— Breaking Aviation News (@breakingavnews) October 19, 2018
Passengers reportedly suffered injuries like nosebleeds and bruising. Despite the plane’s severe tremors, the flight continued on its path to Buenos Aires, where it landed safely. Aerolineas Argentinas told The Daily Mail that the turbulence occurred during while the plane was in the “cruise” portion of the flight. The carrier says cabin crew assisted injured passengers on board before the plane landed and flyers could get further medical attention.
Injuries from severe turbulence are not uncommon on flights (that’s why it’s so important to always have your seatbelt fastened while sitting). A similar rough air situation occurred last month on a Volaris flight to Tijuana, injuring dozens of passengers. And in March, a plane full of passengers caught in rough air from an impending Nor’easter all became airsick from the plane’s rocking in the violent winds.
Featured image by Oscar Munoz via Twitter.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.