This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The holiday season is coming early for travelers with an impressive award discount promotion from Best Western. Even if you don’t normally stay at Best Western properties, this promotion is still worth considering because US and Canadian properties are discounted to just 10,000 points per night for stays between Nov. 15 and Jan. 15. TPG‘s latest valuations peg the value of 10,000 Best Western points at $70.
There are a couple of exclusions though:
- Friday and Saturday nights aren’t discounted
- Stays on five nights aren’t discounted: Nov. 22, Dec. 24, Dec. 25, Dec. 31 and Jan. 1
So, if your stay includes any of these non-discounted nights you’ll pay the normal award night rate for those nights. Normally, Best Western award nights cost between 8,000 points and 36,000 points. Obviously, properties that normally cost 8,000 points remain at 8,000 points during this promotion. But on the high-end, you can save tens of thousands of points per night thanks to this promo.
A Best Western award night covers the cost and taxes for one night in a standard room. Incidental charges, resort fees and any other fees that the hotel may charge aren’t included in the award night and must be paid by the guest.
Don’t have enough Best Western points? The Best Western Rewards Premium Mastercard offers a 50,000 point sign-up bonus if you spend $1,000 or more in net purchases within the first three billing cycles — but these points likely won’t post quick enough for use during this promotion. A better idea is to transfer Diners Club Rewards to Best Western points, should you have any available. Stocking up on Best Western points at the annual Daily Getaways each spring is also something to consider, especially if this 10k discounted award promotion continues to happen year after year.
If those options don’t work for you, each member can purchase up to 5,000 Best Western points during the promotion at a rate of $10 per 1,000 points. And, remember that points can be transferred between accounts that share the same physical address. At this rate, rooms bookable during this award discount promotion would cost just $100. Although $100 per night won’t be a great value at some Best Western properties, it will be a good value at others.
This promotion is great for stays at Best Western properties in expensive locations. For example, a night at the Best Western Bowery Hanbee Hotel in New York City the night of the TPG Awards on December 4th costs $354.
But, this night is also bookable through this promotion for just 10,000 points. You don’t have to do anything special to find award nights under this promotion — just search as you normally would for award nights on the Best Western website.
Or, if you’re looking to take a family vacation, the following Best Western properties could be an excellent value under this promotion:
- Best Western Lake Buena Vista – Disney Springs Area: Ranked as one of TPG’s Best Hotels to Use Points Near Disney World since staying there gets you most of the same perks as an onsite Disney Resort, including FastPass+ reservations at 60-days in advance and Extra Magic Hours. This property usually costs 20,000 points per night.
- Best Western Park Place Inn – Mini Suites: Great for families as it is very close to Disneyland in Anaheim. This property usually costs $200+ or 28,000 points per night.
- Best Western Plus Port O’Call: This near-airport property in Calgary has indoor water slides. Enough said.
The amenities and locations of some Best Western properties may surprise you, so poke around to see how you can use this promotion to your benefit.
Reward nights may be limited during this promotion, so book your stay soon while award nights are still available.
H/T: Loyalty Lobby
Featured image is of the Best Western Plus Ocean View Resort in Seaside, Oregon. Photo courtesy of Best Western.
Set your own sign-up bonus with the Discover It Miles card. Any rewards you earn in the first year will automatically be matched at the end of the year and you'll earn an unlimited 1.5 miles on all purchases with no annual fee.
- Intro Offer: Discover will match all the Miles you've earned at the end of your first year, automatically. For example, if you earn 30,000 Miles, you get 60,000 Miles. That's $600 towards travel!
- Earn unlimited 1.5x Miles for every dollar spent on all purchases all with no annual fee.
- No Blackout Dates – fly any airline, stay at any hotel.
- Redeem your Miles as a statement credit towards travel purchases.
- Freeze your account in seconds with an on/off switch either on the mobile app or website to prevent new purchases, cash advances, and balance transfers.
- Get your free Credit Scorecard with your FICO® Credit Score, number of recent inquiries and more.
- Receive Free Social Security number alerts— Discover will monitor thousands of risky websites when you sign up.
- No Annual Fee.
- Rates & Fees