This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re in search of the perfect present for that solo female traveler in your life, here’s a TPG-approved collection of holiday gift items that any gal hitting the open road on her own would be thrilled to have. Curated by a female who’s been traveling on her own for years, these products are geared toward helping women feel safe and comfortable during solo jaunts on trains, planes and automobiles. Whether she’s your bestie, wife, daughter, cousin, neighbor or co-worker roaming the world as a nomad, business traveler or anything in between, there’s something on this list that’s right for her. Here are 10 great gift ideas for the #femalesolotraveler in your life.
1. Gadget: The BASU eAlarm
Safety woes, be gone. The BASU eAlarm is a personal security system that sounds an alarm when pulled, deterring thieves, attackers or large animals. It can also be clipped to zippers on a backpack during a long bus or train ride and used as an alarm if someone attempts to open it. Buy: Amazon, $10
2. Cosmetic: Beneleaf Collagen Gold Eye Masks
Long flights, late nights and jet lag can wreak havoc on the skin. These gold collagen single-use eye masks are a holistic cure for puffy, stressed-out eyes, leaving behind firmer skin and a brighter glow. Buy: Amazon, $17 for a pack of eight
3. Travel Bag: Travelon Anti-Theft Convertible Crossbody Purse and Waistpack
Traveling alone doesn’t mean sacrificing style for security. This chic purse/waistpack includes locking compartments, is slash-resistible, has RDID card- and passport-blocking slots and a special key clip. Buy: Amazon, $28
4. Book: Contents May Have Shifted by Pam Houston
“We all have baggage, so we may as well get used to traveling with it.” Author Pam Houston couldn’t have said it better, which is what makes this travel novel so fresh and witty, inspiring solo female travelers to hit the open road despite any (heavy or light) baggage they may be toting along. Buy: Amazon, $10
5. Accessory: Pacific Trails Secret Pocket Infinity Loop Scarf
This soft and stylish travel loop scarf has a hidden zipper pocket where your passport, cash, sunglasses, credit cards and anything else small can be stashed, all while warming the neck at the same time. It can even double as a small blanket too. Buy: SpeakEasy Travel Supply, $49
6. Comfort: allbirds Wool Loungers
Ideal to slip on during a chilly plane ride or when a hotel room has a cold wooden floor, these warm and comfortable ‘slippers’ come in eight different colors. They even have a rubber sole so they can be worn out and about, too. Buy: allbirds, $95
7. Subscription: Globe In Artisan Box Club
A Globe In subscription includes one box per month with a melange of products from far-off lands. The items (like hand-painted mugs and hand-woven scarves) are made by artisans and farmers, and each item comes with its own special story, creating travel wanderlust and inspiration to see more of the world. Buy: Globe In, $10-$33 per month
8. Gift Card: Uber
Uber is now in hundreds of cities around the world, and if you’re worried about your favorite female getting home safely, an Uber gift card will ensure she can always get where she needs to go quickly and easily with the tap of her smartphone — even when she’s globetrotting. Buy: Uber, various amounts
9. Random: Vive Self-Suncreen Applicator
Help your favorite female avoid the awkwardness of asking strangers on the beach to apply sunblock to her back by giving her this self sunscreen applicator. It even has removable pads for easy storage and packing. Buy: Amazon, $15
10. Charity: AMMA
AMMA means “mother” in several languages, and a donation to AMMA in honor of your preferred female solo traveler will help empower women around the world by offering them microfinance loans to help start a small business, providing life and accident insurance and hosting vocational training courses. Buy: Amma, various amounts
Featured Image by Rawpixel / Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards