Holiday gift guide: 7 top products for solo women travelers
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
There’s something empowering and liberating about solo travel. We can’t recommend it highly enough. It’s one of those “once you go, you know” things. As for what to get the solo female traveler in your life for the holidays? Well, you’ve come to the right place. We researched some of the best and most highly rated products in every corner of the internet and tested them. All you need to do is press “confirm.”
CALPAK Ambeur carry-on suitcase
No, you’re not imagining it. Everyone in the airport has this bag — for a good reason. It’s stylish and sleek, yet functional and practical. It has a TSA-approved lock and the case expands depending on how much you pack inside. In addition to rose gold, it comes in black and white, all with a glossy finish. In short: She’ll love it. Buy: ShopBop, $165
Summer Fridays Jet Lag Mask
This mask is another Instagram favorite, so of course we wanted to test it to see if it lives up to the hype. The verdict? It does. I personally used it the day after I got home from 12 hours of flying and my skin instantly felt refreshed and rejuvenated. It’s very moisturizing, so it would also work during flights as well. I also liked how you didn’t have to wash it off after, eliminating another trip to the lavatory on your flight. Buy: Amazon, $37 (as of 11/6/2019 9:30am EST — Details)
Allbirds Women’s Wool Runners
I was skeptical about these — could they really be that much more comfortable than half the items in my closet? In fact, they could. Ask anyone who knows me and they’ll tell you I live for comfortable clothes and shoes, and from the minute I put these on, I had happy feet. I felt like I was walking on a cloud. They come in four “natural” colors, including black and white, as well as a ton of limited-edition ones. Travelers want to look cute and be comfortable at the same time, and Allbirds do the trick. Buy: Allbirds, $95
Scentered aromatherapy balm stick
We’ve heard through the grapevine that these do wonders for your jet lag, so they piqued our interest. They’re a little on the pricey side, yes, but can you really put a price on a good night’s sleep? Buy: Amazon, $25 (as of 11/6/2019 9:30am EST — Details)
Slip pure silk sleep mask
Sleep masks are a dime a dozen, but what about ones that actually…well…work? Slip’s mask is luxurious and comfortable, not to mention that it gets the job done. It comes in a handful of colors, including pink, black and marble. It’s sure to make long-haul flights a dream, no matter where you’re sitting on the plane. Buy: Amazon, $50 (as of 11/29/2019 12:30pm EST — Details)
Dagne Dover Dakota backpack
She’s going to freak out over this. We promise. The backpack is trendy and comfortable, and holds all of your essentials. My favorite thing, though, is that there’s a slip in the back that you can slide over your carry-on handlebars. They really thought of everything here. Buy: Dagne Dover, $135
RAVPOWER portable charger
It’s an “Amazon Choice” for a reason. It charges your devices extremely quickly and fits perfectly in a bag or purse. Although it’s a little bit more expensive than more generic ones you’ll find, this is one of those products where you’ll really get your money’s worth. It’s so important to have fully charged devices while traveling — especially for solo female travelers. We know it will make her day to receive this for the holidays. Buy: Amazon, $50 (as of 11/6/2019 9:30am EST — Details)
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees