Holiday gift guide: 7 top products for solo women travelers
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
There’s something empowering and liberating about solo travel. We can’t recommend it highly enough. It’s one of those “once you go, you know” things. As for what to get the solo female traveler in your life for the holidays? Well, you’ve come to the right place. We researched some of the best and most highly rated products in every corner of the internet and tested them. All you need to do is press “confirm.”
CALPAK Ambeur carry-on suitcase
No, you’re not imagining it. Everyone in the airport has this bag — for a good reason. It’s stylish and sleek, yet functional and practical. It has a TSA-approved lock and the case expands depending on how much you pack inside. In addition to rose gold, it comes in black and white, all with a glossy finish. In short: She’ll love it. Buy: ShopBop, $165
Summer Fridays Jet Lag Mask
This mask is another Instagram favorite, so of course we wanted to test it to see if it lives up to the hype. The verdict? It does. I personally used it the day after I got home from 12 hours of flying and my skin instantly felt refreshed and rejuvenated. It’s very moisturizing, so it would also work during flights as well. I also liked how you didn’t have to wash it off after, eliminating another trip to the lavatory on your flight. Buy: Amazon, $37 (as of 11/6/2019 9:30am EST — Details)
Allbirds Women’s Wool Runners
I was skeptical about these — could they really be that much more comfortable than half the items in my closet? In fact, they could. Ask anyone who knows me and they’ll tell you I live for comfortable clothes and shoes, and from the minute I put these on, I had happy feet. I felt like I was walking on a cloud. They come in four “natural” colors, including black and white, as well as a ton of limited-edition ones. Travelers want to look cute and be comfortable at the same time, and Allbirds do the trick. Buy: Allbirds, $95
Scentered aromatherapy balm stick
We’ve heard through the grapevine that these do wonders for your jet lag, so they piqued our interest. They’re a little on the pricey side, yes, but can you really put a price on a good night’s sleep? Buy: Amazon, $25 (as of 11/6/2019 9:30am EST — Details)
Slip pure silk sleep mask
Sleep masks are a dime a dozen, but what about ones that actually…well…work? Slip’s mask is luxurious and comfortable, not to mention that it gets the job done. It comes in a handful of colors, including pink, black and marble. It’s sure to make long-haul flights a dream, no matter where you’re sitting on the plane. Buy: Amazon, $50 (as of 11/29/2019 12:30pm EST — Details)
Dagne Dover Dakota backpack
She’s going to freak out over this. We promise. The backpack is trendy and comfortable, and holds all of your essentials. My favorite thing, though, is that there’s a slip in the back that you can slide over your carry-on handlebars. They really thought of everything here. Buy: Dagne Dover, $135
RAVPOWER portable charger
It’s an “Amazon Choice” for a reason. It charges your devices extremely quickly and fits perfectly in a bag or purse. Although it’s a little bit more expensive than more generic ones you’ll find, this is one of those products where you’ll really get your money’s worth. It’s so important to have fully charged devices while traveling — especially for solo female travelers. We know it will make her day to receive this for the holidays. Buy: Amazon, $50 (as of 11/6/2019 9:30am EST — Details)
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.