Your complete guide to Chase and DoorDash — including special savings this summer
In 2020, Chase announced a partnership with DoorDash — the popular delivery platform — to provide eligible credit cardmembers complimentary DashPass memberships. This premium service unlocks unlimited $0 delivery fees and reduced service fees on eligible orders placed through the platform.
And much to everyone’s delight, the companies announced in early 2022 that they would be extending their partnership until 2024.
But that’s not all.
This summer, those with the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, Freedom cards, Slate cards and eligible Chase cobranded cards can get even more value out of DashPass thanks to members-only savings and additional discounts with brands like Baskin Robins and CVS — all part of DoorDash’s annual Summer of DashPass savings event.
Want more credit card news and advice from TPG? Sign up for our daily newsletter.
Read on for our complete guide to Chase and DoorDash, how you can sign up to start saving today and what to expect with the Summer of DashPass promotion.
Who can get a complimentary DoorDash membership
As noted above, DashPass unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees on purchases that meet the subtotal minimum through DoorDash and Caviar. Most Chase credit cards are eligible for this premium membership, though the length of the complimentary period varies.
Here’s an overview:
- Complimentary membership through Dec. 31, 2024: Chase Sapphire Preferred Card and Chase Sapphire Reserve.
- Complimentary one-year membership when you sign up by Dec. 31, 2024: Eligible co-branded cards like the World of Hyatt Credit Card and United Explorer Card.
- Complimentary three-month membership, then 50% off for nine months when you sign up by Dec. 31, 2024: Freedom cards and Slate cards.
The deal is even sweeter for Chase Sapphire Reserve cardmembers. In addition to the complimentary DashPass, you’ll also enjoy a $5 monthly DoorDash credit through Dec. 31, 2024 — and this can be rolled over to a total of $15, for up to three months.
However, all Chase cardmembers who have signed up for DashPass (and DashPass users in general) can benefit from the annual, members-only savings event that kicked off last month.
Additional savings this summer
Now is a great time to sign up for DoorDash and activate your complimentary DashPass membership with your eligible Chase credit card. During Summer of DashPass, which runs from July 21 to Aug. 24, 2022, you can access over 25,000 offers from local businesses and nationwide favorites, ranging from free food items to further discounts on your grocery, alcohol and convenience purchases.
Here’s a sampling of some that are available to DashPass members over the final weeks of the promotional period:
- Aug. 11-17: 20% off unlimited fresh grocery orders and convenience items from DashMart (up to $10 off); get a free milkshake from Baskin Robbins with a minimum purchase of $20; 25% off orders $30 or more from CVS (up to $10 off).
- Aug. 18-24: 50% off from Office Depot/OfficeMax (max $20 off); 30% off from Grocery Outlet with a minimum purchase of $40 (up to $20 off); $20 off all other grocery orders of $40 or more.
And when you combine offers like this with $0 delivery fees for DashPass members (plus $5 in monthly DoorDash credits for Sapphire Reserve cardmembers), your Chase credit card may be the ticket to saving this summer.
How to enroll in DashPass
Activating this benefit is very simple, and it all happens on the DoorDash website or through the DoorDash app.
- Start by logging into your DoorDash account (you can join at this link if you’re not currently a member).
- Add an eligible card as your default payment method.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to activate your DashPass membership.
Once activated, you can begin using the perks immediately — and for Sapphire Reserve cardmembers, your first $5 monthly credit should automatically post.
Note that, after the trial period is over for Freedom, Slate and cobranded cardmembers, the DashPass membership will auto-renew at the standard price of $9.99 per month.
Thanks to the partnership between Chase and DoorDash, eligible cardmembers can activate a complimentary membership with DashPass, unlocking $0 delivery fees and lower service fees. Chase Sapphire Reserve cardmembers even get $5 in monthly DoorDash credits until the end 2024.
And during the platform’s Summer of DashPass promotion, members can save even more on eligible orders between July 21 and Aug. 24.
If you’ve been waiting to utilize this benefit, sign up for your complimentary DashPass membership with your eligible Chase credit card today — and start saving on your next delivery.