This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Barclaycard AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard is offering 60,000 bonus miles after you make a purchase within the first 90 days of card opening and pay the card’s $95 annual fee.
This card turns a lot of heads with its spending requirement for earning the sign-up bonus. Or lack of one: This card requires just one purchase to earn the bonus — and there’s no minimum amount to the purchase.
Based on TPG’s most recent valuations, those 60,000 AAdvantage miles are worth $840. But, there are ways of getting so much more value out of these miles. First, this is enough for a one-way business-class flight to Europe. And, if you book on American Airlines, it’ll cost you just $5.60 out of pocket. If you don’t want to mess with AA availability, you can get a ton of value out of 60,000 through AA’s partners. In fact, we have a whole article showing you how.
Ongoing Card Benefits
With the Aviator Red card, you’ll earn 2x miles on American Airlines purchases and 1x miles on all other purchases. You and up to four companions will get your first checked bag for free when traveling on domestic itineraries operated by American Airlines. In addition, you’ll get preferred boarding when flying American Airlines domestically, 25% inflight savings on food and beverages, you’ll earn 10% of your redeemed miles back and there are no foreign transaction fees. The card used to offer the ability to earn elite-qualifying dollars (EQDs) toward AAdvantage elite status, but this was recently phased out (though other Aviator cards still offer EQDs for hitting spending thresholds).
Perhaps best of all, this is one of the cards that can help you defeat basic economy. Thanks to the preferred boarding and checked bag privileges, you’ll be able to carry on and check a bag even if you’re flying on a basic economy ticket.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 points! With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 60,000 point sign up bonus worth up to $1,200 in value, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards