Holiday gift guide: 7 gifts for $10 or less for the jetsetter in your life
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The holidays will be here before you know it, and for many that means gift-buying season is in full swing. As much as we’d love to give everyone in our lives a pair of noise-canceling headphones or an iPhone 11 Pro, a smaller gift might be more appropriate for certain family members and friends.
We put together this list to help you find the perfect item. And who knows — you may end up finding something perfect for your own collection, too.
Mario Badescu rosewater spray
I swear by this. It’s the perfect pick-me-up on long flights (and let’s be real, short flights too). It makes your skin feel glowy and clean. I love it so much that I use it in my daily skincare routine too. It’s refreshing and feels luxurious and it’s only $7. What more could you want? They also make one with aloe, cucumber and green tea and one with aloe, chamomile and lavender.
Bioderma micellar water
This is another cult-favorite beauty classic that’s ideal for taking some of the “airplane” off your face. It can work as a makeup remover or as a midflight cleanser. Just grab some cotton pads and I promise you’ll feel like a new person. I love it when I travel, but I also use it in my day-to-day routine, as well.
Aesop Resurrection hand-wash
We know your run-of-the-mill hand sanitizer could use an upgrade (and if you don’t use a hand sanitizer when you travel, well, we have bigger problems here). Aesop products are on the pricer side, but this $10 hand-wash is more of a micro-splurge than a real splurge. Unlike many hand sanitizers on the market that smell like chemicals, Aesop’s smells fresh and soothing — well worth the incremental $3 or $4.
Buy: Nordstrom, $10
Petitfee gold & snail hydrogel eye patches
There’s a reason we keep bringing up skincare products: When you travel a lot, you need to take care of yourself. It’s that simple. Those red eyes from your red-eye won’t depuff themselves; these eye patches — yes, they’re infused with snail secretion filtrate — will do the trick. Pro tip: Put the container in your fridge for 10 minutes before wearing them.
You’re going to want to have one of these ridiculous-looking things on the back of your phone. Why? Because they’re amazing. It’s a little sticker that pops up into something you can hold on to. They act as a little table and help keep your hand comfortable. They’re excellent for helping you take steady photos and videos while traveling. I’ve been using one for over a year and I don’t think I’ll ever be able to use my phone without it.
Buy: Popsockets.com, $10
Buffway Slim Minimalist leather wallet
It’s not the nicest-looking wallet out there, but it’s small and compact enough to make it a dream for any frequent traveler. It will fit in your jean pocket or purse easily, and features a handful of slots for credit cards. After all, we know you have a lot of those, right?
Burt’s Bees Fabulous Minis Travel Set
It’s like a BYO amenity kit. For less than $10, you’ll get a foot cream, deep cleansing cream and a cream cleanser, among plenty of others. The frequent traveler in your life will love it.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.