Deal Alert: Flights to Puerto Rico From $204 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11 p.m. Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Now’s the time to start planning your escape to the beautiful island of Puerto Rico because flights to San Juan from cities across the US have dropped as low as $204 round-trip, as first reported by Scott’s Cheap Flights. One of the best parts about visiting the island is that you get to experience a completely new culture without having to get a passport. If you’re worried about visiting because of the recent protests, you can be rest assured that you’ll be safe. And if you need anymore convincing on why you should visit, check out our 8 reasons you should visit Puerto Rico.
All of these low fares are in each airline’s version of basic economy (except JetBlue), so you’ll have to pay additional fees to check a bag and select seats ahead of time, and may not be eligible for upgrades. However, on American flights you can upgrade to the main cabin for an extra $50.
As mentioned, many of these low fares are available as soon as November, but you’ll have to play around with the dates and routes on Google Flights to see what fits your travel plans.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or through an OTA like Priceline or Expedia.
Airline: United, Delta, American, JetBlue
Routes: PHL/JFK/ATL/CVG/DTW/MSP/SEA/BOS/BNA/MEM/BWI/ORD/LAS/PHX/PDX/SFO/LAX/DEN/IND to SJU
Cost: $204 round-trip in basic economy
Travel Dates: November 2019 – February 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Philadelphia (PHL) to San Juan (SJU) for $204 round-trip on American:
New York (JFK) to San Juan (SJU) for $259 round-trip on Delta: Atlanta (ATL) to San Juan (SJU) for $268 round-trip on United:
Cleveland (CVG) to San Juan (SJU) for $268 round-trip on United:
Detroit (DTW) to San Juan (SJU) for $268 round-trip on United: Minneapolis (MSP) to San Juan (SJU) for $268 round-trip on United:
Seattle (SEA) to San Juan (SJU) for $268 round-trip on United:
Boston (BOS) to San Juan (SJU) for $281 round-trip on JetBlue:
Nashville (BNA) to San Juan (SJU) for $298 round-trip on Delta:Memphis (MEM) to San Juan (SJU) for $298 round-trip on Delta: Baltimore (BWI) to San Juan (SJU) for $309 round-trip on American:
Chicago (ORD) to San Juan (SJU) for $310 round-trip on JetBlue:
Phoenix (PHX) to San Juan (SJU) for $315 round-trip on American:Portland (PDX) to San Juan (SJU) for $317 round-trip on American: San Francisco (SFO) to San Juan (SJU) for $329 round-trip on American:
Los Angeles (LAX) to San Juan (SJU) for $349 round-trip on American:
Denver (DEN) to San Juan (SJU) for $357 round-trip on American:
Indianapolis (IND) to San Juan (SJU) for $366 round-trip on Delta:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured photo by dennisvdw
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees