West Coast to Europe in business for 36,000 miles or $660
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Set your alarms if you want to take advantage of this incredible offer from Flying Blue, via its monthly promo awards, which offer discounted redemption rates for award tickets.
The website is not currently live, but the link brings up a special edition page showing that these fares are bookable from October 16 – 20. There are a number of good deals:
- Seattle to Europe for 36,000 miles in business
- Toronto to Europe for 32,000 miles in business
- New York to Europe for 11,000 miles in economy
- Los Angeles to Europe for 28,000 miles in premium economy
- Los Angeles to Europe for 14,000 miles in economy
- Mexico City to Europe for 36,000 miles in business
There are also a number of flights available within Europe, such as Paris to Edinburgh for only 4k miles and Paris to Stockholm for 4.5k miles. Even better, flights to Africa will be on sale, with a one-way ticket to Nairobi in business class costing just 36,000 miles. Stack this with a North American promo award and you can fly business class all the way to Africa for 68,000 miles.
These fares will be valid for travel from November 2019 to March 2020, so there’s plenty of time to plan.
If you need to boost your Flying Blue balance, you’re in luck. Flying Blue miles are some of the easiest to earn, as the program partners with all of the major transferable points currencies. You can transfer points 1:1 from Chase Ultimate Rewards, American Express Membership Rewards and Citi ThankYou Rewards. You can also transfer Capital One miles to Flying Blue at a 2:1.5 ratio or transfer Marriott points at a 3:1 ratio plus a 5,000-mile bonus for every 60,000 points you transfer.
Otherwise, you can use Flying Blue’s new promotion to purchase points with a 75% bonus, meaning that the total out-of-pocket cost to fly from the West Coast to Europe would be just €605 ($662) with a few miles left over.
Any way you slice it, this is a really good deal for those looking to make the hop across The Pond. Keep in mind that this is very time-limited, however, so mark your calendars!
Feature photo courtesy of Air France
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees