Deal Alert: US to Europe on Full-Service Carriers From $295 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Flights to major destinations in Europe can be had for cheap with this sale from Star Alliance and SkyTeam carriers. We are seeing cheap flights from across the US to Paris (CDG), Madrid (MAD), Zurich (ZRH), Dublin (DUB), Geneva (GVA) and Barcelona (BCN). Note that most of these fares are in basic economy so expect to pay for a checked bag or seat selection, however you will still earn miles and enjoy a free meal even if you go with the cheapest option.
This sale appears to be quite wide, so even if your airport is not listed below, it’s worth searching to see if you can find some good deals — smaller non-hub airports seem to have decent fares, although you’ll still have to shell out a little more cash than if you were flying out of city like New York or Boston.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or through an OTA like Priceline or Expedia.
Airlines: Delta, Air France, United, Swiss, TAP Portugal, Air Canada
Routes: JFK/EWR/MIA/BOS/ORD/SFO/BWI/DFW/FLL/ATL and likely more to CDG/MAD/BRU/ZRH/DUB/GVA/BCN
Cost: $295+ round-trip
Travel Dates: January-May — although most availability from February through April
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare booked direct with the airline or via amextravel.com), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
New York (JFK) to Barcelona (BCN) for $295 round-trip on TAP Portugal via Priceline:
Newark (EWR) to Paris (CDG) for $303 round-trip on Air Canada via United:
Boston (BOS) to Paris (CDG) for $330 round-trip on Delta:
Dallas (DFW) to Zurich (ZRH) for $338 round-trip on United:
New York (JFK) to Brussels (BRU) for $343 round-trip on TAP Portugal via Priceline:
Baltimore (BWI) to Paris (CDG) for $359 round-trip on United:
San Francisco (SFO) to Paris (CDG) for $375 round-trip nonstop on Air France via Delta:
New York (JFK) to Madrid (MAD) for $397 round-trip on TAP Portugal via Priceline:
Miami (MIA) to Paris (CDG) for $400 round-trip on Delta:
Chicago (ORD) to Paris (CDG) for $409 round-trip on United:
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image by Brendan Dorsey / The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees