Today Only: United Awards to Hawaii From Just 25k Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Planning a trip to Hawaii this fall? If not, it might be time to reconsider! United just launched its latest award flash sale, and it’s pretty exceptional.
Today only, August 27, (through 11:59pm local time at your originating airport), MileagePlus members can book United economy flights between the US mainland and Canada and the following airports at a significantly discounted rate:
- Hilo (ITO)
- Honolulu (HNL)
- Kona (KOA)
- Lihue-Kauai (LIH)
- Maui (OGG)
Travel must begin on or after September 9, 2019 and be completed on or before December 15, 2019. You need to book a round-trip ticket, but you can combine saver and Everyday Awards, in which case a pro-rated discount will apply to the saver portion of your itinerary.
Just as in the past, flyers are eligible for a variable discount, depending on both status level and whether or not you hold a co-branded credit card, such as United Explorer Card. This time around, rates start at just 25,000 miles round-trip — worth about $325 based on our valuations — and go up to 37k, down from the usual 45,000-mile round-trip rate:
You need to find saver award space in order to be eligible for the discount, but there’s exceptional availability in the expanded “XN” fare class, accessible to all cardholders and elites.
Paid fares vary wildly depending on your origin and dates, but in the case of my nonstop Newark (EWR) flights, I’d be looking at $1,037 round-trip, making this sale one heck of a deal!
If you don’t have enough miles in your United account to book, keep in mind that you can transfer points instantly from Chase Ultimate Rewards, earned with cards like the Chase Sapphire Preferred and Chase Sapphire Reserve. Happy booking!
Photo by Summer Hull / The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.