Deal alert: Round-trip flights to Trinidad and Tobago under $250
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The island of Trinidad and Tobago in the Caribbean is known for soca and calypso music, beautiful beaches and its vibrant Carnival celebration every year.
Now you can experience the lively culture of Trindad and Tobago at a discount. American Airlines is offering deals to Trinidad and Tobago’s capital Port of Spain for less than $250 round-trip from several major U.S. cities.
Want your TPG news delivered straight to your inbox each morning? Sign up for our daily newsletter.
The deal was originally sent out by our buds at Secret Flying.
We found offers applying to travel from January through March 2022 excluding the time during Carnival at the end of February and the beginning of March.
Airlines: American Airlines.
Routes: DCA/MIA/IAH/SFO to POS.
How to book: Directly at AA.com or via Google Flights.
Travel dates: January – March 2022 (excluding Carnival).
The following deals are for basic economy seats on American Airlines which includes a standard seat and free carry-on. A checked bag, seat selection and priority boarding are available for additional fees.
One of the cheapest deals we found was from Washington D.C. (DCA) to Port of Spain (POS) with a stop in Miami (MIA) at $210 round-trip. There were many options at this price throughout the end of January and February.
We found a steal in mid-March from San Francisco (SFO) to Port of Spain (POS). The options are long trips with two stops, but at $211 round-trip it might be worth the long journey.
There were many affordable nonstop options throughout January, February and March from Miami (MIA) to Port of Spain (POS) at $235 round-trip.
There were also many options throughout February for round-trip flights from Houston (IAH) to Port of Spain (POS) ranging from $211-213.
Maximize your purchase
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5x on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), the Citi Prestige® Card for 5x on airfare, the Citi Premier® Card or Chase Sapphire Reserve for 3x on air travel, the American Express® Gold Card for 3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel, or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2x on travel — which you could redeem for as little as 13,000 points.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
The warm inviting island country of Trinidad and Tobago is definitely worth a trip. TPG’s senior news editor Clint Henderson says there’s lots to see in Port of Spain and the short flight to Tobago is a once-in-a-lifetime trip for any true AvGeek.
Featured image by Clint Henderson/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees