Deal alert: Transcon flights on JetBlue have dropped to $197 round-trip or 12.8K points
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For more TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here: https://thepointsguy.com/mailing-list/
It’s not often we see transcontinental deals on JetBlue, but we’re seeing nonstop tickets from New York and Boston starting at just $197 round-trip. Even better, these deals also work in reverse from Los Angeles and San Francisco.
We first spotted the deals from New York to Los Angeles at The Flight Deal.
Related: How to earn JetBlue TrueBlue points
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline.
Routes: JFK/BOS/LAX/SFO/LGB (and in reverse)
Cost: $197+ or 12,800 TrueBlue points + taxes and fees
Dates: January – February 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on travel), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
New York (JFK) to Los Angeles (LAX) for $197 round-trip nonstop:
Boston (BOS) to Los Angeles (LAX) for $197 round-trip nonstop:
Boston (BOS) to Long Beach (LGB) for $197 round-trip nonstop:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Boston (BOS) for $197 round-trip nonstop:
Los Angeles (LAX) to New York (JFK) for $197 round-trip nonstop:
San Francisco (SFO) to New York (JFK) for $197 round-trip nonstop:
New York (JFK) to Los Angeles (LAX) for 12,800 TrueBlue points + $11.20 round-trip nonstop:
San Francisco (SFO) to New York (JFK) for 12,800 TrueBlue points + $11.20 round-trip nonstop:
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card, Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out our post on the best cards for airfare purchases for more details.
Featured photo by Javier Rodriguez/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.