Deal alert: Southwest flights from $39 one-way
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Southwest’s four-day sale is back! If you missed out on Monday’s Hawaiian Airlines deal for $84 round-trip, you can score a similar deal on interisland Southwest flights from $39 each way, or from $49 each way on the mainland.
To search, head directly to Southwest.com and enter your search terms. You can either look up flights by specific dates, or click on the low-fare calendar button to search by cheapest price. Once you’ve found what you’re looking for, you can book using points or cash. All bookings must be completed by 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time on Nov. 15, 2019, and require a 14-day advance purchase.
Continental U.S. flight routes are discounted between Nov. 28, 2019, through May 20, 2020 while interisland Hawaii travel is valid Dec. 3, 2019, through May 20, 2020. Travel to and from San Juan, Puerto Rico is valid Dec. 3-5, 2019, Jan. 13 through March 5, 2020, and April 14 through May 14, 2020. International travel is valid Dec. 3-11, 2019, Jan. 7 through March 5, 2020, and April 14 through May 14, 2020.
Airlines: Southwest Airlines
Routes: Most routes are discounted, with the cheapest originating out of BNA/ATL/GSP/BWI/BOS/JAX/HNL/KOA/OGG/FLL/DAL/OKC and more
Cost: From $39 one way
Travel Dates: Select dates between Nov. 28, 2019 to May 20, 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier℠ Card (3x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on travel), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare booked directly with the airline or ) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Atlanta (ATL) to Greenville, South Carolina (GSP) from $44 or $49 one way, $93 round-trip:
Burbank (BUR) to Sacramento (SMF) from $59 one-way, $118 round-trip:
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier Card, Citi Prestige Card (the latter earning 5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). To learn more, check out our post on the best cards for airfare purchases.
Featured photo by Robert Alexander/Getty Images.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.