Deal alert: Southwest flights from $39 one-way
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Southwest’s four-day sale is back! If you missed out on Monday’s Hawaiian Airlines deal for $84 round-trip, you can score a similar deal on interisland Southwest flights from $39 each way, or from $49 each way on the mainland.
To search, head directly to Southwest.com and enter your search terms. You can either look up flights by specific dates, or click on the low-fare calendar button to search by cheapest price. Once you’ve found what you’re looking for, you can book using points or cash. All bookings must be completed by 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time on Nov. 15, 2019, and require a 14-day advance purchase.
Continental U.S. flight routes are discounted between Nov. 28, 2019, through May 20, 2020 while interisland Hawaii travel is valid Dec. 3, 2019, through May 20, 2020. Travel to and from San Juan, Puerto Rico is valid Dec. 3-5, 2019, Jan. 13 through March 5, 2020, and April 14 through May 14, 2020. International travel is valid Dec. 3-11, 2019, Jan. 7 through March 5, 2020, and April 14 through May 14, 2020.
Airlines: Southwest Airlines
Routes: Most routes are discounted, with the cheapest originating out of BNA/ATL/GSP/BWI/BOS/JAX/HNL/KOA/OGG/FLL/DAL/OKC and more
Cost: From $39 one way
Travel Dates: Select dates between Nov. 28, 2019 to May 20, 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on travel), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare booked directly with the airline or ) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Atlanta (ATL) to Greenville, South Carolina (GSP) from $44 or $49 one way, $93 round-trip:
Burbank (BUR) to Sacramento (SMF) from $59 one-way, $118 round-trip:
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card, Citi Prestige Card (the latter earning 5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). To learn more, check out our post on the best cards for airfare purchases.
Featured photo by Robert Alexander/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.