Deal alert: Southwest flights from $39 one-way
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Southwest’s four-day sale is back! If you missed out on Monday’s Hawaiian Airlines deal for $84 round-trip, you can score a similar deal on interisland Southwest flights from $39 each way, or from $49 each way on the mainland.
To search, head directly to Southwest.com and enter your search terms. You can either look up flights by specific dates, or click on the low-fare calendar button to search by cheapest price. Once you’ve found what you’re looking for, you can book using points or cash. All bookings must be completed by 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time on Nov. 15, 2019, and require a 14-day advance purchase.
Continental U.S. flight routes are discounted between Nov. 28, 2019, through May 20, 2020 while interisland Hawaii travel is valid Dec. 3, 2019, through May 20, 2020. Travel to and from San Juan, Puerto Rico is valid Dec. 3-5, 2019, Jan. 13 through March 5, 2020, and April 14 through May 14, 2020. International travel is valid Dec. 3-11, 2019, Jan. 7 through March 5, 2020, and April 14 through May 14, 2020.
Airlines: Southwest Airlines
Routes: Most routes are discounted, with the cheapest originating out of BNA/ATL/GSP/BWI/BOS/JAX/HNL/KOA/OGG/FLL/DAL/OKC and more
Cost: From $39 one way
Travel Dates: Select dates between Nov. 28, 2019 to May 20, 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on travel), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare booked directly with the airline or ) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Atlanta (ATL) to Greenville, South Carolina (GSP) from $44 or $49 one way, $93 round-trip:
Burbank (BUR) to Sacramento (SMF) from $59 one-way, $118 round-trip:
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card, Citi Prestige Card (the latter earning 5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). To learn more, check out our post on the best cards for airfare purchases.
Featured photo by Robert Alexander/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees