SkyTeam deal alert: Fly business class to Europe starting at $1,769 R/T
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
KLM is running a “Dream Deals” business-class sale from major U.S. cities, including San Francisco, New York and Washington, D.C. to Europe and beyond including Madrid, Amsterdam, Barcelona and even Amman at bargain prices. The deals are available on KLM, Air France and Delta One. KLM is advertising fares on its site starting around $2,100 round-trip. But if you dig a little deeper, you can find even cheaper tickets.
That’s because you can recreate the dates and itineraries on Google Flights. But with certain credit cards, you don’t have to stop there. A cursory search on Amex’s International Airline Program found the same tickets for as low as $1,769 round-trip. You have access to IAP if you hold The Platinum Card® from American Express, The Business Platinum Card® from American Express or The Centurion Card from American Express.
If it’s elite status you’re looking for, you can snag some hefty mileage earnings with this deal if you credit to Delta or KLM. For instance, a New York-JFK to Brussels (BRU) ticket will net you 10,000 Delta award miles, 11,002 MQMs and $2,000 MQDs before elite bonuses.
To search, head to Google Flights or Amex Travel and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or an OTA.
Airline: KLM, Delta, Air France
Routes: Major routes served by KLM and Delta, see full list here
Cost: $1,769+ round-trip in business
Dates: July – August 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline or on amextravel.com) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
The information for the Citi Prestige has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Houston (IAH) to Amman (AMM) for $1,769 round-trip on Air France in business class:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Barcelona (BCN) for $1,883 round-trip on Delta in business class:
San Francisco (SFO) to Madrid (MAD) for $1,887 round-trip on Delta in business class:
Chicago (ORD) to Krakow (KRK) for $1,917 round-trip on KLM and Delta in business:
New York-JFK to Amsterdam (AMS) for $1,983 round-trip nonstop on KLM in business class:
Washington, D.C. (IAD) to Amsterdam for $1,983 round-trip nonstop on KLM in business class:
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card, Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out our guide to the best cards for airfare purchases for more details.
Featured photo by Emily McNutt/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees