SkyTeam deal alert: Fly business class to Europe starting at $1,769 R/T
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
KLM is running a “Dream Deals” business-class sale from major U.S. cities, including San Francisco, New York and Washington, D.C. to Europe and beyond including Madrid, Amsterdam, Barcelona and even Amman at bargain prices. The deals are available on KLM, Air France and Delta One. KLM is advertising fares on its site starting around $2,100 round-trip. But if you dig a little deeper, you can find even cheaper tickets.
That’s because you can recreate the dates and itineraries on Google Flights. But with certain credit cards, you don’t have to stop there. A cursory search on Amex’s International Airline Program found the same tickets for as low as $1,769 round-trip. You have access to IAP if you hold The Platinum Card® from American Express, The Business Platinum Card® from American Express or The Centurion Card from American Express.
If it’s elite status you’re looking for, you can snag some hefty mileage earnings with this deal if you credit to Delta or KLM. For instance, a New York-JFK to Brussels (BRU) ticket will net you 10,000 Delta award miles, 11,002 MQMs and $2,000 MQDs before elite bonuses.
To search, head to Google Flights or Amex Travel and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or an OTA.
Airline: KLM, Delta, Air France
Routes: Major routes served by KLM and Delta, see full list here
Cost: $1,769+ round-trip in business
Dates: July – August 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline or on amextravel.com) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
The information for the Citi Prestige has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Houston (IAH) to Amman (AMM) for $1,769 round-trip on Air France in business class:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Barcelona (BCN) for $1,883 round-trip on Delta in business class:
San Francisco (SFO) to Madrid (MAD) for $1,887 round-trip on Delta in business class:
Chicago (ORD) to Krakow (KRK) for $1,917 round-trip on KLM and Delta in business:
New York-JFK to Amsterdam (AMS) for $1,983 round-trip nonstop on KLM in business class:
Washington, D.C. (IAD) to Amsterdam for $1,983 round-trip nonstop on KLM in business class:
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card, Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out our guide to the best cards for airfare purchases for more details.
Featured photo by Emily McNutt/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.